Awesome job and nice write up.  I like the stance. 

What size lift and tires are you running?

Have a 2wd in my neighborhood that I think I can get cheap and I am a V8 kind of guy.  Like you I am, or well was a traditional v8 kind of guy. I say this because I finally got my 2011 Camaro paid off and I did a big cam, heads, converter and all can say is WOW.  I am thinking that I can find a lower millage LS and over drive trans for the same or maybe cheaper than building an old style small block and adding the injection.  I am thinking I want the 4.8.  These are not as popular as the larger 5.3 and 5.7 so I think they might be cheaper.  Also a smaller cam sounds larger in a smaller engine and I just love that potato potato potato sound.  What are your thoughts now that you have lived the V8 project .

Have you put any thought or upgrades to the unibody upgrades with the V8 power increase?

Thanks for the kind words. I know I really need to upgrade the rear end but it has held up so far. I never have thought about stiffening the unibody but if I had more power it might need it. I will tell you it would be cheaper to go LS than gen 1 or 2 and fuel injection. It cost about $1800 or so for the injection and distributor alone. I probably have about $3500 in the engine. If you do put a V8 in I would recommend buying from Novak or another firm that sells engine mounts unless you are a hell of a fabricator. I seen a post the other day on another site where a guy said he dropped an LS in a Comanche for $200 total and I thought to myself I bet it looks like crap too. Get a good radiator and be ready to go through the whole wire harness to get rid of a lot of wires. It was really pretty easy except for the RFI issues after I put the distributor in. I got that all sorted out and it runs great now. I am waiting for my tires to wear down some more and I am going to start thinking about lowering it and putting street tires and nice rims on it. Oh, the lift is 3 inches and the tires are 31/10.5/15. 

one of our members (krustyballer16) is working on production of a weld-on frame brace.  it's still in the design stage though.  His goal is for much better fitment than the aftermarket ones currently out there.

I've had a Vertically Driven center console for awhile now and it was finally nice enough to install. I'm thinking this is the last one for awhile. It is pretty nice and it fits really well in between the seats. I also installed some DOT approved LED headlights and some LED bulbs in the b pillar lights. Other than that it is still running good and no more problems with the RFI.

20190203_113946.jpg

looks like it was meant to be there :L:  

Those seats look nice too ... what's their story?

6 hours ago, NHMJXJ said:

Those seats look nice too ... what's their story?

I was told they were the seats out of a base model Mitsubishi Evo. Not really sure though. They are wider and were a bit of a pain to put in but are really comfortable.