Meet Baby (my 88 MJ)

No news here yet, still working things out with a time frame that will work.

Although, thanks to Geonovast, I now have an idea on how to implement a tonneau cover with my racerback. I'm gonna use his idea of using XJ roof rack rails on the inside of the bed and use casters similar to a keyboard shelf on a computer desk. With this, I'll be able to attach a tonneau cover from anouther truck to the casters, hinge it right after the racerback, and use either hood shocks or rear hatch shocks from an XJ as well, to hold the cover opened when needed. To open the cover, all I would have to do is open the tailgate, pull the cover out a little bit, and open it up. I should also be able to slide it back in while it's opened as well. And if I ever wanted to remove it completely, it would be as easy as just pulling it all the way out. :clapping:

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy thread revival! Nothing has been done new for a while, other than I parked her in storage until I can get time/money to get her on the road again. I did however pick up something new for her. Here's a bit of a sneak peek. :clapping:

Not to be a party pooper here, but...

:ack:

Rob L. :dunno:

:huh???: I disagree :waving: .

I just picked up one of these up too Beaterjeep - for a future project.

Rob, it is an acquired taste, I will admit. I've actually been looking for one for a while now, and this one was linked to me, and I knew I had to pull the trigger on it. I was actually in talks with the guy about it while I was still in the hospital!

Rich, I'm definitely interested to see what you have in mind as well.

Next item on my list to get is a Dakota/S10/whatever racerback, so I don't have to cut a hole into the MJ one.

For 800.00 bucks you can replace almost everything in the front .

Track bar , sway bar , tie rod and ends , ball joints and a stabilizer .

Are those knuckles OK ?

I could, yes, but I don't have that kind of money to spend. I'm on a very limited budget every month, so what I can get done is a build up of more than one month's budget. I'm starting to finally get on the right track money wise, but it's still quite limited. As for the knuckles, I have no clue, she is parked in storage now, and I'm still battling lung infection, so I can't go too far for too long to check.

Hey Joe,

I've got a spare header panel for that Wagoneer front end. Pat gave it to me and I have no use for it. It's not in the best of shape, but I'll set it aside for the next time I see you.

Thanks Brent, I'd appreciate that. Even though this one is in excellent shape, it never hurts to have a spare. If you'd like, I have a regular XJ/MJ header panel you can have in exchange.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...