Renix Valve Cover Breather Repair.

My apologies if this has been covered before.

So the last couple of years the my valve cover breather has been deteriorating fast, and the rubber elbow completely fell apart last week. Went looking about the store at my new job (Autozone) and came up with the following solution:

-Help #42059 AMC PCV valve grommet (although the package says Chrysler). This fits perfectly in the Renix 25mm valve cover breather hole. $2.99

-Help #47046 Ford PCV elbox. This fits inside the grommer and takes a standard 19/32 PCV hose on the other end. $3.99

-Goodyear #50282 19/32 PCV hose. This is sold by the foot, you will need about 2 feet. 2 x $2.09 = $4.18

Grand total of $11.16 plus tax.

The grommet goes into the valve cover, the elbow goes into the grommet, and the hose goes from the elbow to the port on the air cleaner.

Notes: Although the grommet and elbow are Help parts, they were not in the Help section. Instead they were with the PCV valves (which in my store is between the oil filters and the fuel filters). The hose is in the back of the store and has to be cut by an employee.

-Help #42059 AMC PCV valve grommet (although the package says Chrysler). This fits perfectly in the Renix 25mm valve cover breather hole. $2.99

-Help #47046 Ford PCV elbox. This fits inside the grommer and takes a standard 19/32 PCV hose on the other end. $3.99

-Goodyear #50282 19/32 PCV hose. This is sold by the foot, you will need about 2 feet. 2 x $2.09 = $4.18

Grand total of $11.16 plus tax.

The part numbers are good to know - - - Hope you get an employee discount - - Advance has been hard to beat inna last few months - - Order online - pick up in store - - TRT30 code for 30% off - - The 40% off code has expired - - - - - - http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web/OrderItemDisplay?orderId=26925059&langId=-1&calculationUsageId=-1&calculationUsageId=-7&updatePrices=1&userIdentifier=&catalogId=10051&errorViewName=OrderItemDisplayView&promoCode=TRT30&storeId=10151&taskType=A

:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...