Crown Auto Cupholder!!

Decent price but what don't hold cups to well while you are driving. Too much of the cup is uncovered to keep it stable (could just be my driving). Mine is currently on the floor sense the bolts I had where they are suppose to bolt in are too short.

The OEM cupholder that goes up by the console lid is too shallow to hold anything during a turn or bumps. They did offer another style that snaps under the black trim and hangs into the passenger side. Nice and deep, holds drinks perfectly. Picked mine out of the JY for $5 IIRC. You can still get them new from the dealer.

$(KGrHqVHJDEE-Pd2NeuRBPppDzy9k!~~60_12.J

I have the same cup holder as the OP posted. It works OK but I don't trust it to hold my coffee (some cups are the right size to wedge in but most aren't). I'm thinking of cutting the bottoms out and replacing with marine cup holders if the hole bothers me.

• 6 years later...
On 2/12/2014 at 10:53 PM, Automan2164 said:

The OEM cupholder that goes up by the console lid is too shallow to hold anything during a turn or bumps. They did offer another style that snaps under the black trim and hangs into the passenger side. Nice and deep, holds drinks perfectly. Picked mine out of the JY for $5 IIRC. You can still get them new from the dealer.

Is it possible to add these to an MJ that doesn't have the slots on the passenger side for it?

Will it hold if you lift up the black trim? Only asking because my '90 MJ does not have the inserts for it and the other cupholder option seems to spill everything above 15-20 mph

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2014 at 7:53 PM, Automan2164 said:

I need something like this for my Volvo 240, but again at the cost of already narrow front seat legroom.

• 3 weeks later...

i got one of the mounts that goes over the ebrake handle. it holds a soda can but thats about it. Everything else just falls out when you go around corners. But hey, in 1988, if you had a can of pepsi on a saturday going to the lake, you were Cruisin! there werent any of these new fancy coffee mugs and water bottles. I'm debating just getting rid of it. we have sealed mugs, so they usually jsut get stuffed under the seat bracket or in a bag behind the seat