What Are The Factory Lights That Go Are The Rollbar ?

There were no factory lights supplied for the optional MJ sport bar, according to my local oldtime Jeep dealership. There were dealer installed lights available when ordered; either the factory supplied Marchal or ROL lights as on the bumper, or lighting of the customer's choice. Most of the dealer installed lights were the crappy ROL lights, more commonly called Rust Out Lights.

My '87 was bought used and came with a factory roll bar and factory off-road lights. The lights were KC somethings -- "DaLiter," "HiLiter," i don't know what the name was but awile back I could find them on the KC web site. Now I can't -- they were rectangular, I think about 6" x 9", not the round lights we see on the KC site today.

I refer to them in the past tense because there were horribly rusted, so I chopped 'em off and tossed them. Every MJ I've seen with a factory roll bar has had the same lights, so I'm fairly certain they WERE a factory option.

I refer to them in the past tense because there were horribly rusted, so I chopped 'em off and tossed them. Every MJ I've seen with a factory roll bar has had the same lights, so I'm fairly certain they WERE a factory option.

Maybe I worded it incorrectly above. The sports bar and driving lights (as well as others like the sunroof) were NOT factory installed options, they were dealer installed options. See, I can uses CAPS too. Believe it or not.

Hornbrod, that's what they installed at the dealer then were kc"s or marchals?

It doesn't say. It only says driving lights. Sorry...........

I know a guy about 100 years old who used to work for an old local Jeep dealer for many years. He's the guy who installed all the dealer installed options, like the sport bars, sun roofs, tool box, winches, fire extinguisher, etc. etc. There was even a front end bra available. Maybe he remembers; will try to contact him next week.

There was a rollbar specific accessory kit AMC had.  The part# was 82200449.  I have it.  Included in the kit is wiring, dash switch plate, relay, etc and a set of Marchal 759 Driving lights.  I even have a scanned copy of the installation sheet I can post if anyone is interested. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you need a 2nd option the KC 57 series look great up there and flow with the OEM look very well.  :thumbsup:

How haven't I heard of these before? They look fantastic! Any reports of how well they actually work?

They worked very well, but the housings were VERY thin sheet metal and prone to rust through if you got a heavy dew on Saturday night.