Radiator Hose Problem Fixed But New Problem Now

I replaced my radiator in my ZJ last year with a auto zone one, it has plastic tanks, the outlet upper side does not have the little bump to help secure the hose its just smooth plastic, so every once in a while it blows off driving down the road. I replace the stock spring clamp with the screw type hose clamp and tighten with my impact driver, careful not to go to tight and crack the plastic. well that lasted about 6 months I just checked it tonight and found it close to popping off.

SO

Is there a   trick to keeping it on? maybe a light glue or something

AND

is my system over pressurized?

I know it a Zj but most of you guys have one of those too, or are just handy all around when it comes to general wrench turning

If you are interested in a fast, easy, but very ugly solution, you could wire the hose to the radiator.  Take some small wire and tightly loop it around the hose clamp nut (or through it) and then to somewhere on the radiator (careful not to puncture anything)or some near by truck flange/hole.  Keep it tight.  As the engine heats and pressure builds, the wire will prevent the hose from sliding back and off.

Just don't lift the hood around any of your jeep friends.

Mechanics wire will work - - - epoxy probably - I'd rough the tube surface & apply the stuff 3/8-1/2 inch wide-maybe 1/16 high - - - were it mine I'd use a torch & the round end of a big ball peen hammer r something similar to flair the tubes end - a little heat on the hammer-a little pressure & done - 

:wrench:

Ok, so I did my thermostat replacement yesterday and found that when I replaced the thermo stat last year I put it in backwards, so stupid. Anyway I think that might have been causing the pressure problem, as of now I only have a single screw type hose clamp holding it and it seems fine.

New problem.

Engine now gets up to operating temp, but the defrost blows Luke warm air at best.

I'm thinking maybe a air bubble close to the heater core or maybe a blockage.

Side not heater core is only 2 years.

Try backflushing your heater core. Its very easy to do. Just take any old hose and spray water through it reverse the way it goes through. Or if youd like take an air gun and seal it on the outlet of the heater core and just blast air through there. If theres any blockage that should clear it up.

An old trick for keeping supercharger hoses on fittings with no "bump" was to spray the two pieces with hairspray, put them together and clamp them. 

Damn, had forgotten about that one. Used to do that back in the day with old Volvos as they had no hump on the hose inlets/outlets. We used the el-cheapo hair spray that made the ladies big hair look like a helmet, and just as hard. Don't know if you can even get that stuff today. Permatex Indian Head gasket shellac compound worked well too. I know that's still available, use it all the time on bike stuff.

Ive done the heater core flush  on the mj, but I can't do it  right now since it hasn't been above 32* in over 2 months. the garden hoses are put away and the spigots are capped and sealed off.

I'm not sure if the zj has a control valve