Started A Woodworking Bussiness To Help Me Get Done With College..

• 3 weeks later...

Dude, to say you have a talent for wood working would be an understatement. That very first driftwood creation is my favorite, my critiques would be that the legs should be significantly longer, the body a little fuller and maybe have the bird standing on one large piece instead of pile of sticks. The cabinet resto, the domino table, the fish Ooh man those are freakin sweeet!  :clapping:  Don't stop doin what your doin. Just like the old saying goes, "if you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life." 

BTW you said your an electrical engineer, what does that qualify you to do? Do you have a BA or MA? Electrical engineering is the field i would like to major in, but my school doesnt offer and engineering program much less a degree as focused as an electrical engineer. As of right now my course of study is referred to as "Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Technology". The electrical aspect is primarily computer focused with very little to do with actual electrical principles.

• 3 weeks later...

Dude, to say you have a talent for wood working would be an understatement. That very first driftwood creation is my favorite, my critiques would be that the legs should be significantly longer, the body a little fuller and maybe have the bird standing on one large piece instead of pile of sticks. The cabinet resto, the domino table, the fish Ooh man those are freakin sweeet!  :clapping:  Don't stop doin what your doin. Just like the old saying goes, "if you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life." 

BTW you said your an electrical engineer, what does that qualify you to do? Do you have a BA or MA? Electrical engineering is the field i would like to major in, but my school doesnt offer and engineering program much less a degree as focused as an electrical engineer. As of right now my course of study is referred to as "Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Technology". The electrical aspect is primarily computer focused with very little to do with actual electrical principles.

Thanks for the kind words!

As for my degree I will graduate in may with a bachelors. But My degree is focuses in small circuity mainly. I could do many different things but I would like to do instrumentation at the nuclear plant in my home town. Thats where the big bucks are..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i spent some time looking at the pics of it and kept thinkin cornhole

Zebvance i know I'm not the only one thinking it here but have you ever thought bout making driftwood MJs? hell id drive from nashville/murfreesboro tn to get one 

• 2 weeks later...

Zebvance i know I'm not the only one thinking it here but have you ever thought bout making driftwood MJs? hell id drive from nashville/murfreesboro tn to get one 

Never put two and two together but that would be very cool. If I can find the time soon I might try. Not sure what I would do for the wheels though, any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Never put two and two together but that would be very cool. If I can find the time soon I might try. Not sure what I would do for the wheels though, any ideas?

Or use the hole saw pucks from the game tables? Great work btw, I liked the FB page. Could definitely use some stuff for the future home. 

RockMJ

Great work man, keep it up.  I was looking through all your pics and didn't read every posting so I hope I am not saying something someone already has.  I would highly recommend you get a LLC filed and get basic liability insurance.  I have a teaching studio (drums and percussion) and those are two things that I make sure is done every year.  Now I have more worries that you have being that I am around kids one on one but with this litigious society you can't be too careful in protecting yourself and everything you have and worked for all your life.  Just something to think about.
Buck

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is really cool. I've been following this thread since I joined CC and now that I'm also going to school for an Electrical Engineer (only a Technologist) I have a massive respect for you. I know how hard it is to be in the situation that your in and were in. I had plans to work for a family member but I couldn't because of my schooling, I wish I had wood working skills like you so I could do similar jobs on the side. I imagine if I took my time then maybe I could get good at it but I don't have a heated garage to do it in too (Canadian winters suck). Anyways I just wanted to show the amount of respect I have for you now since I started college, and the fact that you are using your comanche to go to school is a dream of mine!