Loud Pop?!

if all else fails,

try replacing the shimmable lca frame brackets ( inside removable ones)

like i stated above, they get worn out after a while,

making the lca bolt slap back and forth 1/8th of an inch or more, and will only notice underload

if you can't get the track bar bracket tight enough, ive seen members weld it too the frame

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went through the whole front in with wrench in hand, tighted everything i could see, jacked the truck up and put it on jack stands on the axle and the frame, did as instructed above and could not find anything hittin, could not pin point the noise the one time it happened, it's a hit or miss thing, nothin seems broken, any other ideas?

Redwolf

Ok....... one last thought

Can you list or post a picture of the type of rims and tires you have on the front (the size of the tire and the rim)........ and do you have any lift

(a picture would be great....but a complete description would help)

went through the whole front in with wrench in hand, tighted everything i could see, jacked the truck up and put it on jack stands on the axle and the frame, did as instructed above and could not find anything hittin, could not pin point the noise the one time it happened, it's a hit or miss thing, nothin seems broken, any other ideas?

Redwolf

Ok....... one last thought

Can you list or post a picture of the type of rims and tires you have on the front (the size of the tire and the rim)........ and do you have any lift

(a picture would be great....but a complete description would help)

i can post a picture tomorrow but i have goodyear wrangler 235/75/R15s on turbine aluminum rims, and no lift at all,

Redwolf

• 2 months later...

Go start your truck and turn your wheel from lock to lock. If it pops or you feel a bump. 5 bucks says its a control arm bushing...

Mines done this for as long as i've owned it.

Never really payed it much attention because i've never been able to actually pin-point it.

Never really thought the control arms would be making the noise, I'll have to give them a check

Update; My pop turned out to be the Upper control arm bushing, The axle side one. Pressed it out of the axle, Put in a new one & Pop went away.

Ruthless bastards! I love it.Gonna go try tightening my track bar, that damn pop is killing me.

Tighten the BRACKET. LOL. 

i second the track bar to frame mount, that was my issue after replacin my trackbar, i didn't catch it untill i asked the guy at firestone doin my alignment to check it out,

Redwolf