And Me With No Money......... '91 Eliminator $2000 Colorado

Oh man, I know what you mean! Basically the exact vehicle I want other than it being a manual and SWB, but I'd so live with that to have a '91 or '92 Eliminator again. Wonder what he considers "good on gas", I have a low mileage '97 Taurus that gets about 27 highway... I'll go get it tomorrow if he'd trade for that. lol

Is it just me or does that look like a modified factory FSJ brush guard?

We need Jim to go check this thing out since it's right down the road from him.

Yep, looks like a Mopar behind the bumper winch mount, and modified FSJ Honcho brushguard and "sport bar" on the bed. 

I just blew my funds on dually fenders and expensive shipping, a gun safe and a '95 XJ to fix and flip........ friggin' timing.  :fs1:

Looks like a factory HW, but I'll hold the full judgement until I see some more details... Could be the aftermarket HW by Warn... The factory one would have all the trim pieces and blocker plates, and didn't come with a roller fair lead. The brushguard does give it some credit though... Maybe removed from another XJ/MJ as a unit and the trim got tossed. The factory brush guard... :drool: What is neat, is the rollbar, as it looks to be a mini copy of the J-10 bars.

Rob

Fishdmax asked me to go look at it for him. I did. It is one clean truck. Could not find one rust spot or dent on it. Just faded paint. He made the guy an offer and he took it. I made it plain that if he doesn't get it I will. Fella claims the engine stalls. I didn't test drive it but the engine ran, idled good. From the symptoms described and from what I saw it's good possibility a fuel delivery problem. He's going to pick it up Thur and drop by the house so I can take a better look. Roll bar looked like a home made job. But a very good one. Brush guard looked like it's from something else and worked to fit. Again, a good job.

Rob. If you have a pic of the J10 roll bar could you drop me a copy? Something to compare.

The worst thing I could see wrong was the cowl cover was cracked. Had to hold it down to open the hood.

It does have the plate though where that inverted U bar would attach to. And the brush guard does appear to be a FSJ guard just trimmed down as well then if you said it was "made to fit". Looks exactly like what I had on my '74 J-10.

Hopefully going to a good home, would hate to see it molested or anything since it looks so good as is. I'd kill to have that thing since there is absolutely nothing but 100% junk around me for sale.

Nice!  Found the Eliminator a new home with a CC member.  Doesn't get better than that! :thumbsup:

And I agree,  the brush guard and light bar were modified from FSJ pieces.  The winch mounting could be home brew, but what's it take to mount a roller fairlead in place of the hawse fairlead the OEM hidden winch mount kit would have had?

Are those rear tow hooks anything unusual and OEM?  Was there a rear tow hook bracket offered for the MJ?

I would never deliberately wish any harm on any body, but I've been finding myself thinking about Steve, calling me and informing that due to his wife being pregnant, or that he got thrown off a horse and broke his leg that he is unable to get the Jeep and i can have it. Am I wrong? :yes: