Free Xj!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, so I'm going to be doing the BPE conversion using the swaybar bracket trick.  what shocks do I buy?  I've found tons of info online for lifted XJs, but none for stock height XJs. :(

They are a good choice and likely what I'll be going with. :thumbsup:   But what I meat was; what model of vehicle with give me the correct length shock for a stock height XJ with a BPE installed?   (for example, Comanche rear shocks seem to work for a 3" lift)  or am I over thinking this and should just get stock ones and push out the pins.  maybe that's why there aren't any examples out there in internetland.

New shoes!!  found a good deal on some 245/70/16 tires and wrapped them around my rubicon rims.  :D  though the new rubber has made it dreadfully obvious that the rear of my XJ is sagging. :(  I think I'll throw on some MJ shackles for now until I put together a plan for beefier springs.

576780_669345733080848_1521564128_n.jpg

that was a surprisingly hellish project, but the shocks are now mounted.  :banana:

and if you're wondering why there are two nuts on the left side, it's because the bolt refused to stop spinning and tighten down all the way.  it's all good now. :D

8569_670274766321278_1689908198_n.jpg

It's part of the next phase. :thumbsup:   also on that list are fixing the A/C, new valve cover gasket, tracbar (little loose), alternator (squeals sometimes), etc.

on the plus side, the bolts to the broken rear bumpstop came right out. :eek:  should be a cinch to replace it now. :D

I don't have the words to describe how awesome it is to be daily driving a Jeep again. :D  (even if it is just an automatic)

My manches down for the moment...driving a 2nd gen dodge...I miss my jeep. Nothings near as fun as dd'ing a jeep!