Project Comanche Chief

Spent Friday and Saturday in IVY and had a great time, the weather was excellent ...... On Friday I came down hard on a rock ledge and took out the rear drive shaft..... after making a new one Friday night I was back for more on Saturday. However on the last trail of the day I broke a long side u-joint but I keep unit bearing/axle replacements so I had it back and running in about 15 minutes. Here are a few pics.....

13202796785_28cc0e8af1_b.jpg

13203226765_750dbd6a81_b.jpg

13203695534_b0925fed71_b.jpg

13203756505_d7646203a7_b.jpg

13204114224_81cf0d9db1_b.jpg

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After breaking the rear driveshaft (on the rock under the transmission) a glove and duct tape was all I could find to make this trail repair

gopr0270.jpg

On the hook .... trying to get my now front wheel drive MJ out of Ladder.

gopr0272.jpg

After I broke the rear driveshaft it was kinda tough getting out with just front wheel drive... here is a short video of the recovery and my winching up out of a ravine with blowing both front tires off the old MJ....

]

Heading down to Harlan KY April 9th -12th if anyone is in the area..... I'm planning on attempting the Lions Dens on a Dana 30 and 36 inch tires.... I'll post the video of carnage....

Heading down to Harlan KY April 9th -12th if anyone is in the area..... I'm planning on attempting the Lions Dens on a Dana 30 and 36 inch tires.... I'll post the video of carnage....

we need to plan something. ive been planning a trip up there forever it seems but never get anybody else from my area to go.

i think you'll be okay in lions den. you've got protection  :rotfl2: