Project Comanche Chief

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I haven't seen this thread in awhile. Nice!

I've been debating upgrading the axles (even tho I just built up the 30) and going larger tires. Don't really need it considering I run the hard stuff as is and keep up, but it would be nice to go into buggy territory and make it out the other side lol

After I broke my second Dana 30 Ring and Pinion in less than a year.....and several axles and joints, I decided I wasn't going to spend the money to set another one up. It cost me the last 6 months stuck at home and a trip to the bank but in the long run I think it's gonna be worth it.

I picked up this CO2 tank and mount at a local swap meet for 40 bucks last weekend. Got it painted up and installed today….. I also got my new rear adapters installed and a fresh set of pads. That finishes up the rear, now I just have to finish up the front.

Finished up adding 2 inches of front and rear lift (added an XJ leaf to the rear) I also had the new anti-coning rings welded on the beadlocks so hopefully that will allow me to finish those up this week.  While I was at it I drilled and tapped the new Dakota steering box for hydro assist...... I'm glad that is over.... nothing worse than junking a new steering box.... 

Here’s a pic of my Dakota Steering Box drilled and tapped….

I really like how the anti-coning ring turned out, hope they help…

Here’s a pic of what the truss looks like now that it’s pretty much finished, just need to do a little grinding

And I found a good use for one of the RCV decals they sent me….. ;)

With the new front axle going in I decided it would be a good idea to remove the arms, trackbar and steering for cleaning, inspection and some much need rust protection.

Also my new Trackbar bracket arrived and I immediately started carving on it to ensure it didn't limit my drop.

Thanks man.... As bulky as it looks I can still move it around by myself.  It has gotten much heavier though..... we have a big 2 day ride scheduled for October 24-25 in IVY so I gotta keep up the momentum.    :thumbsup: