Project Comanche Chief

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Haha..... Willy has been keeping up with his reading.

But sadly this is the last update to this post.....I traded my MJ to my brother a couple months ago even up for his little XJ truggy below.

I Kept my wheels, tires and axles but everything else went.  It's been a hard couple months but I think I'm pretty much done with it.  I really hated to get rid of my MJ but without an EXO it was quickly becoming a raisin.  Here is my new rig.  I still stop by and check out the Comanches.... Heck I'm already looking for one to make a DD.

Right on.... thanks Outlaw Star..... Once I finish up this truggy I'll start looking for another Comanche.  I plan on building the same rig except with a bench seat and keeping the Dana 30 and probably a 8.8 out back. Tires will definately be 35 Cepek Curshers on a black wheel with 5.5 up front with a SOA out back.  I was thinking going white with maybe a Baja theme.... does anyone remember the Baja S10 from the late 80's?  Always liked that truck.

Thanks Shelby.... a buddy of mine did the rear and cab section but I did the front with a manual bender. 

A few pics of Chief working some of the bigger ledges in IVY..... I was really happy with how it performed.  I pulled ledges with 38's and 1/2 ton axles that I've seen scores of big rigs and buggies fail at.  

DSC_0165.JPG

DSC_0171.JPG

DSC_0390.JPG

DSC_0392.JPG

DSC_0549.JPG

DSC_0571.JPG

DSC_0573.JPG

DSC_0576.JPG

DSC_0587.JPG