Hayduke's Operation Comanche Repower - 88 To 98 Swap

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Correct MJ Springs?

Hello,  I read through some threads about springs but not finding much other than metric ton springs.

I'm getting dumpy butt,  Does anyone make basic 4.0 MJ rear leaf springs?  Most sites direct you to XJ springs which are different?

I suggest Hell Creek. I have them and he offers a ComancheClub discount.

For non metric ton leaf springs - Hell Creek for lift leaves.  General if you want more OE ride height - unless Hell Creek offers standard height leaf springs and just doesn't list them? 

I have about two inches of lift in front and Chevy shackles and a add-a-leaf in back.  Not sure if I could find the original shackles or I might consider 3" lift springs. I want a little nose down, but not too much.  And I want to do it on a budget,,

• 7 months later...

Comanche For Sale........ Testing the Waters for price at least (What's it worth?) :dunno:

Hi Guys,  I'm still using the Comanche as a daily driver but now commute farther to work and I'm  thinking of getting a car for better mileage. What do you feel is a reasonable price for a 98' swap Comanche?

98' 4.0L with upgrade injectors 175K

Auto AW4 trans 4WD

~ 2inch lift & rear locker

power rear view mirror

leather power seats (heated seats if fix broken seat wires)

custom interior, truck cap,

extra dent free passenger door.

Choice of Moab or Comanche wheels

$4000   :dunno:

Noooo!!! you can't sell it! I just read through this entire thread only to find this? JK! you gotta do what you gotta do. I have a quick question though. when swapping for the newer doors did you use the original hinges or swap the 98' hinges?

My wife said the old tail lights are dim and hard to see at night so I added a strip of red LEDs under the tailgate.  From close up you don't even see them (under the gate) but at night they make a lot more light. 

• 1 month later...

Jeep690:  I used the original hinges.

Hi Guys,  The Comanche sold and now lives in Zion, IL.  The new owner is a Jeep guy and plans to do a rear disc brake conversion among other things.  I know he's prowled Comanche Club,  I'll push him to get on here and start a build thread for the ongoing build of my old truck.