Sandy Cars

dfreeman616

I noticed in the article that some high-up suit wants to just "scrap them all!". I bet there's hundreds of thousands of good parts for newer cars that people could use instead of paying for new parts. It would have to be worth it in the long run.

Not to mention the older/rare stuff that would be lost.

These vehicles all have a Sandy - Flood stamp on their title so if they do wind up in the hands of used car dealerships, it's on the buyer to do their homework.

I've been all over the NJ Craigslist pages and there are quite a few Sandy damaged vehicles for some very tempting prices...

Id love to spend an afternoon walking through there......bet there is atleast 1 nice MJ/XJ to pick over

I looked over those pictures for about an hour trying to make up my own variation of Where's Waldo only instead of Waldo it was Jeeps. Sorry, BJ... best I could find was a few newer Grands, a couple Wranglers, and a Liberty or two.

Keep in mind that these are all vehicles the insurance company could potentially make some money on. I highly doubt you'll find a flood damaged MJ or XJ in that lot. They're not worth anything to the insurance company when they're in perfect condition...

Although that begs the question of why did they keep the early 90's Chrysler mini van with no paint on the roof. I also saw a few other vehicles that didn't really belong - I'm sure they're designated to go right to the scrapper.

I've seen this in person... you should see the piles of garbage and trees that every down has dumped in any place they could think of, soccer fields and they starting dumping Christmas trees an smaller brush on what's left of te dunes at the beach.. Saw one pile near my town that had to be 2 football fields long and close to 100 ft high of just logs

A guy in my class was telling me about somone who's trying to sell a split window vette that was underwater in the hurricane.

Like water was 2-3 feet over the roofline of the car. (aka engine and everything else full of salt water :( )