Wives & Gf Jealousy (& Jays 5.9 Relationship) Thread

terrawombat

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I am officiall yjealous of ya'll, the bar has been raised on where I need to set my standards to keep of with everyone here in the gf/wife department, lol. I'm finding very fast that it is very difficult to find a gf when you live in a super small town with less than 5 females under 30.

I actually work in madison about 5 minutes from main campus. problem is majority of all thsoe chicks (and guys) are hardcore democrats that only understand things the way they want to and that is totally opposite from my views.

My azz, 4 years at my state college of 35K students and its a freakin drought. :ack: They're all too busy tappity tap tapping on their "smart" phones. :rant:

That's becoming true for girls all the way down to middle school as well. I see these 12 year olds with faces in their iPhones all the time. Sad sad sad

Okay, here's my GF story.

Her Grand Caravan's PCM went, the BMW needs a trans, the Grand Am just plain gave up. So she's been driving my 5.9 ZJ for few months. She comes to the house today and there's a grinding noise coming from the engine. I'm thinking its just a pulley. She has an appt in 45 mins. I remove the belt, find that the water pump pulley bearings are shot, the pulley has significant wobble, I jet to Auto Zone, grab a water pump and get it on in <30min. Start it up check for leaks, then send her on the way.

10 minutes later, she calls, says the temp guage is at 260 and the jeep won't start.... :hmm:

Then I realized, I loosened the radiator cap one notch to remove the large electric fan...(it doesn't have a mechanical fan)...but I never tightened the cap. :doh: My fault.

We tow it home and she does pretty good driving the MJ for the first time, towing a vehicle for the first time. Here's the MJ earning its keep once again.

8378141663_1c7353f077_z.jpg

Get it home and it runs great when cool, then warms to 220 and just sits there. Take it for a drive and it again pegs over 260 in a few miles. The new WP is working, Tstat is opening, I checked with an IR temp gun, 180 into the rad, 100 coming out. It did throw misfire codes for 3 cylinders, both banks. I'm thinking both head gaskets are done.

Fortunately, I picked this up earlier this year from a wrecked 5.9, mileage is around 140K. Just going to swap it, should have it done in a few days. Don't have the dough to fix mine correctly right now. Its got 220K on it so it'll need a plenum gasket, and at least some head work, ensure the heads are true, valve seals etc)

8054738878_2a40844c83_z.jpg

So now I've got a bit of a task at hand. But to her credit and mine (my idea of course), she purchased another 5.9 ZJ earlier this week. Just not tagged yet. 150K, near perfect interior! This will make 5.9 #4 (although not technically mine).

Seller's photos

8379218368_6b241fb337_b.jpg

8379218564_43429281ba_b.jpg

8378140731_41bb7b6457_b.jpg

8378140797_db37164011_b.jpg

8378140893_46f6c25fd4_b.jpg

8379218942_1606cd41a6_z.jpg

Better question... Where are the pics of the girlfriend?

Rob :yes:

Brother, she'd kill me.

I assumed the white Niner was his new GF and the one that broke down was his ex?

Well I have been known to abruptly break up with a Jeep in a nano-second as well as a woman. But this girl knows how to keep her Jeeper home at night so she's totally forgiven for murdering my 5.9. If I have to marry her to get the white one, I'll do it.

Btw, got mine stripped down today. After 220K it still has the factory cross hatching in all the bores, no ridges either.

8381441035_f415277e67_z.jpg

The Mopar Magnum-series engines are tough as nails and have the longevity of a 4.0L with regular maintenance. I believe they don't get a lot of love because they were mostly bolted to Chrysler automatic transmissions, which usually didn't last past 125-150K miles, even when properly maintained.

They also seem to have a common flaw in the cylinder head design (actually, there are a number of Chrysler cylinder heads that have this problem) where they develop small cracks and you'll mysteriously lose coolant over time.

Yeah, they burn oil too because of the steel plenum cover under the aluminum intake. The two metals expand and contract at different temperatures which eventually breaks the seal and oil gets sucked into the valves, then coats the O2 sensors in carbon and just messes up the engine efficiency. I'm tempted to get one of the Hughes plenum kits. http://www.hugheseng...jkvNS4yLzUuOSk=

There was a guy on a Niner forums making the repair kits for about half the cost of the Hughes kit. I bought one a while back but never got around to installing it. I believe it was 3/16" laser cut aluminum.

I also bought one of these for my supercharged 5.9MJ project: http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/products.php?browse=category&level0=U21hbGwgQmxvY2sgRG9kZ2UgTWFnbnVtICgzLjkvNS4yLzUuOSk=&level1=SW5kdWN0aW9uIChJbnRha2VzICYgQ29sZCBBaXIgS2l0cyk=&searchmode=partnumber&page=1&partid=24773

I need to get that project going again....