garbage tires

i know this is extremely irresponsible but i don't care. does anyone know of an off roadish tire that is absolute garbage when the roads get wet i want to have a bit of fun this autumn :brows: i don't want to throw used bald ones on.

Not quite sure what you mean by "Having fun with garbage tires on wet pavement" other than a very probable (not to mention costly) trip to the ER and a wrecked pickup. :fool: :no:

But I would assume that any mud tire that is strictly off road use would suffice. :dunno: Just do a quick Google search.

Why don't you just give me your comanche. I'd rather have it then watch you wreck it and potentially hurt or kill someone. An you not caring means you have no respect for your self or anyone on the road. Better yet sell your jeep an ride a bicycle. Everyones safer that way.

soapbox.gif

I got in a wreck on I-5 in Tacoma, WA a long time ago because I was running old school General Grabbers on my XJ. A Suburban slammed on the brakes in front of me (its always raining there) and I just slid right in to the back of it.

The rubber on those was terribly hard. The new generation Grabbers are much, much better.

Remington Mud Kings are cheap and fairly common also, had a set of those one time....they stink on any surface.

one. the jeep isnt very nice. two. very respectful responses. i must have caught you on a good day. three. seriously? every kid who has a jap car drifts and its cool. one guy wants to do it in his jeep and shame shame.

besides all the ranting and sarcasm with my experience the no name mud tires i used to have broke loose pretty well and didnt wear down very fast. the only problem i had with them is the wear pattern wasnt even AT ALL.

Drifting is done on a closed course off the streets, I doubt thats what you'll do. An don't think I'm some old guy pissed at some kid. I'm not much older then you. But the profession I'm in I've seen some bad accidents, and the person who always gets seriously hurt or dead is the person minding there own business. So go do what you want, but last I checked Jeeps are built for offroad not drifting like some punk kids sweet civic. An your jeep isn't nice, all the more reason to wreck it right? Grow up man

one. the jeep isnt very nice. two. very respectful responses. i must have caught you on a good day. three. seriously? every kid who has a jap car drifts and its cool. one guy wants to do it in his jeep and shame shame.

Ok? I don't see why you don't just get rid of the Jeep if it's "Not very nice".

Have you ever even tried any sort of drifting before? Let alone while in a pickup truck? I have, and it's definitely not something you should do with new tires, let alone garbage mudders.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, all those guys that do drifting in Rice Rockets are tools. The reason everyone is commenting here is so you don't get into a @#$%ing wreck and kill yourself; let alone someone else who doesn't feel like dying yet.

Not "every" kid who owns a Japanese car drifts, and drifting on the street is definitely NOT cool. It's dangerous and stupid. People have been badly injured and killed by idiot kids drifting their cars in places where it shouldn't be done, by people who didn't have the skills to drive from home to the nearest Quickie Mart.

If you choose to engage in such activity, make damned sure you do it where the only person you can possibly kill is yourself. Then consider that it sounds like you'll be driving this vehicle on the street. The fact that you would intentionally go out looking to buy tires with POOR traction tells me that you should not have a driver's license. Sorry if you don't consider that to be "respectful," but remember that respect is earned, not granted. A motor vehicle is a rolling deadly weapon. When you intentionally set out to make it LESS safe ... I don't even know how to comment on that.

one. the jeep isnt very nice. two. very respectful responses. i must have caught you on a good day. three. seriously? every kid who has a jap car drifts and its cool. one kid wants to do it in his jeep and shame shame.

Fixed it

I use to do it in my old XJ all the time. The only difference is we'd take turns and keep the dirt road we were playing on blocked off on both sides of the twists. We even graded the road when we were done.

RE: "i know this is extremely irresponsible but i don't care."

If my son ever said that, I would consider myself as having

utterly failed in MY responsibility.

Go find yourself a dirt field with nobody else around and drift

all you want, but stay the hell off the road until you mature.

And get rid of the MJ before it's ruined.

(you got the respectful version, I deleted the other one)

okay really? i ask a question and i get trashed on i do expect a bit kinder words from fellow CC members. but i digress. i have drifted a pickup before and pickups are actually a lot easier due to the lack of weight in the rear causing it to move a lot more smoothly coupled with the fact that less weight means less inertia when exiting a drift meaning less speed wobbles. also its not like I'm going to slide every corner everyday of every week. i know when it might work out and when its a bad idea. isnt the point of jeeps to have some fun? i understand the negative criticism. nascar started as moonshiners and i everyone thought the first guy with a jacked up truck was a drunk redneck. but going screwy sideways is just a little fun on a friday night when i get off work. nothing beats the feeling of having total control over what most people would consider a trainwreck. if you guys keep thinking i should rid myself of my beloved mj because its going to get smashed and I'm going to hurt someone let me ask you this. do you think the first guy to do a wheelie on a motorcycle should never be allowed on two wheels? do you think the first guy to race from light to light should lose his license? I'm not saying that i can't possibly crash I'm the best driver. but i can handle my own behind the wheel of a manche. it is a irresponsible endeavor but like all of you guys said apparently I'm a kid for wanting to see what my truck can do. soapbox.gif

and for making my truck less safe? ive seen guys smoke their lights and people can't see them as well. lift their trucks which makes them more top heavy, add giant apocalypse proof bumpers which don't absorb impact. giant lights that blind people off the road. what makes me so different huh? has anyone ever seen what a warn bumper does to a car? i have i know the damage and what it can cause. i don't need the lecture.

Well since this is going no where I'm done with it. You'll only due it when its deemed safe huh? So you're going to put tires on it that give you no traction when it rains. Explain how that makes sense. You're just another idiot punk kid who makes the rest of us young guys look like fools. Don't come crying here when you wrecked your comanche driving like a jackass an don't know how to fix it.

If you want terrible tires; get a set of Thornbirds.

If you're going to do something that you know is wreckless; don't go talking about it. People are inherently good, and don't want to see others hurt. When you announce the intention of potentially, unintentionally or not - hurting yourself; people jump to stop you. Hence why they want to put safety nets on the Verrazono bridge.

I'd suggest google next time.

Its not that you want to have a little fun; by all means have fun, but in a responsible manner. If you truly understood the motives behind everyone's comments, you would have thought less of them if they hadn't said anything.

You yourself stated that it was irresponsible and we all agree. If you had come on here and said, "I know of a huge empty parking lot that I like to play around in" no one would have cared. Its the fact that you're willing to engage in reckless driving on the street in an uncontrolled environment that has everyone up in arms.

do you think the first guy to race from light to light should lose his license?

Yes. Street racing is dangerous and illegal. Plenty of people have been killed in the process by driver's who would claim to have "total control" over their vehicles who could "handle" their own behind the wheel.

Honestly, you have received some tame responses here. CC is a community and we're just looking out for you. Stay safe and keep that type of driving off of public streets.

In fact, on my way home from work just yesterday (Monday), I almost got taken out by some "cool dood" in a lowered ricer with extra wide tires. He was making a right turn out of a side street to my left, which SHOULD have put him into the oncoming lane and been no problem.

Except that he decided to "drift" his right turn, and he overdid it more than a little. He lost control, his car slid broadside into my lane, and if the right-hand lane on my side hadn't been empty and left me somewhere to go, it would have been ... ugly.

I'm sure he just wanted to have fun, and I'm sure he was also confident in his ability to control his car. Right up to the point where he totally lost it.

• 2 weeks later...