--- COMANCHE OF THE MONTH - JUNE 2012 ---

Summer here already? Man, seems like just a few months ago we were in the clutches of winter. Well guys, this month we have a great member (and his wife) who are dedicated to the cure. Enjoy. :cheers:

---JENSSEN'S JEEP COLLECTION---

MODEL AND YEAR

1989 Cherokee MXJ 1/4 Comanche, 3/4 Cherokee

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE:

94 H.O 4.0L, .40 over, CompCams Extreme 4x4 cam, Hesco Springs (thanks Bennie!) ported head , pacesetter header

DRIVETRAIN: Stock AW4, 2004 Rubicon 4:1 Transfer case, Dana 44 Front E-Locker, Predator Cromy axles, Ford 9" Rear spool, 5:13 Gears

COOLING: Stock, soon to be moving to the rear

ELECTRICAL & IGNITION: Stock

STEERING:Dakota box, soon to have hydro assist

SUSPENSION: Full custom 4 Link rear with V8 Grand Cherokee coils in the rear, Front modified Ford Radius arm soon to be custom 3 link, lift height unkonown

INTERIOR: Gutted , PRP Race seats , RCI 5Pt harness

BRAKES: Chev1/2 ton disks all 4 corners, 70's Ford w/hydroboost Master cylinder

LIGHTING: Stock

WHEELS/TIRES: 39.5 Swampers, home brew bead locks

MISCELLANEOUS: This was my first ever truck/4x4 originally purchased at a Police Auction for $250.00,... that was 8 years ago. Since then it went from DD to DD/Wheeler to full Competition. Total investment is around $8500.00 and its raced in Monster Jam, http://www.racingforthecure.ca

MODEL AND YEAR

1990 Comanche Eliminator

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE:

Bone Stock 4.0L

DRIVETRAIN:

Bone Stock

COOLING:

Stock

ELECTRICAL & IGNITION:

Stock with some gremlins

STEERING:

Stock

SUSPENSION:

Bone Stock

INTERIOR:

Full of mice poop and smells like the farm it came from

BRAKES:

Weak at best!

LIGHTING:

Some work,.. gimme time!

WHEELS/TIRES:

Dry rotted and shot,.. stock Eliminator Wheels

MISCELLANEOUS:

This is the newest Jeep to the Fleet, saved from the crusher paid $500.00 Delivered, had not been run or registered in 7 Years, 2hrs, some fresh fuel and love brought the beast back to life!

MODEL AND YEAR

1990 Comanche Sport Truck

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE:

2.5 Tower of Power

DRIVETRAIN:

4Speed stock 2wd

COOLING:

Stock

ELECTRICAL & IGNITION:

Stock

STEERING:

Stock

SUSPENSION:

Stock

INTERIOR:

Stock and grey with random pill bottles and correctional services hand sanitizer

BRAKES:

Stock

LIGHTING:

Stock, one head light works LOL

WHEELS/TIRES:

More stock junk

MISCELLANEOUS:

Jeep was saved from a local pick and pull, I missed the sale the first time got it the second time, paid $315.00 for it. Previous owner crushed the passenger side , currently replacing the entire side skins,.. Why do I do this to myself.

MODEL AND YEAR

1989 Jeep Comanche Sport Truck

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE:

2.5 Ditched to 4.0L

DRIVETRAIN:

2wd, soon to be 4x4

COOLING:

Leaky and stock

ELECTRICAL & IGNITION:

1/2 working, runs now, still some bugs

STEERING:

Old and decrepit,.. time ;)

SUSPENSION:

4.5 Coils and Spring over rear

INTERIOR:

Eliminator replica

BRAKES:

Stock

LIGHTING:

Stock

WHEELS/TIRES:

None, stole them for one of the others

MISCELLANEOUS:

This was my first Comanche, after looking for years I stumbled across the rustiest piece of junk ever,.. I bargained from $100 to $50.00. Since then I have replaced EVERYTHING with exception of the roof, A and B pillars and firewall.

MODEL AND YEAR

1988 Comanche

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE:

2.5L 5 spd, 2wd. bone stock

DRIVETRAIN:

Stock

COOLING:

Stock

ELECTRICAL & IGNITION:

Pioneer bluetooth CD Deck, custom sound

STEERING:

Stock

SUSPENSION:

Soon to get a 3" Drop

INTERIOR:

Blue,.. and stock

BRAKES:

Stock

LIGHTING:

Hella Conversion lenses, http://www.chandaauto.ca HID's

WHEELS/TIRES:

Stock , soon to be either Rubicon Wheels or Cobra R's

MISCELLANEOUS:

Found this gem on kijiji.ca , asking $1500.00. It was the grandsons hand me down when his grandpappy passed. No shop in the city could make it run correctly, stumbled at idle. pulled the o2 sensor noticed it was discolored and tightened the intake manifold now it runs like a champ. It has 166,000 original Kilometers and I am 3rd owner.

Best MJ story

My best MJ story is how 1 turned into 4 , I had to beg my wife to allow me to buy the first $50.00 wreck, now they just find me! If She knew the storm we started with the first She would of never let it happen Restoring them from Crapmanche status to something of quality makes me happy, I want to keep these icons on the road so as I find them I will keep saving them. My Wife Stephanie claimed the 88 as Hers as it was so mint and a dream to drive, I swear She enjoys it more over Her modded 2004 Rubicon

What owner loves best about CC

I love this site as there are others that share this sickness with Me and push me to do better, there is always support ion this site!

PICS!

Other Jeeps:

1993 Cherokee 2Dr , 5Spd, 4x4, work truck 565,000 Kms on the stock drivetrain and still rockin! Had a mild restoration in 2008 and it was my first ever paint job.

2004 TJ Rubicon, Wifey's Rig/DD, 4" Iron Rock lift, 35" Toyo M/T's, 69,000Kms (Giggidy)

Feel free to look at my Photobucket acct

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy carp man. What can I say. You seem to be very stricken with the Jeep bug. We all were introduced to you just last year, when you rescued an MJ that was more rust than Jeep, and fell head first into our abyss. Since then we've found out that you (and your wife) also have a offroad team for charity, helping collect shirts to make a quilt for the cause... Just awesome. Not only that, but in the midst of all this, you keep taking in MJ's destined for the scrapper. Your skills in body repair and fabrication are fantastic, and you do a great job of sharing them and the processes with the members. All of these things are what make you a great member, and this month's MJOTM. It's not just about the trucks. It's the guys behind them.

Congrats. :cheers:

Rob

Wow I am actually very honored to be Junes member especially since its my both month! Thank you for all the kind words and props, very nice to be recognized to say the least. The jeep bug bit me 7 or 8 years ago but I also stricken with 2.3 turbo ford fever and a nasty case of the vintage affliction,.. Oh and vw air cooled flu,.. :help:

In total we have amassed a fleet and I don't see myself getting any better, infact worse as I age,.. From Pintos to Comanches to vintage I love em all and I firmly believe the car doesn't know whats name is on it so to me all can be cool.

Except yaris, prius, smart cars, echos, cubes , fits or versas or any crap similar to those lol

(no offense to any owners of the above cars,....)

You Sir, are the Self-appointed President for Life of the Canadian MJ Preservation Society (Eagle handles that job down in the lower forty). Super job and keep up the good work. You must have a great wife to put up with your addiction. :cheers:

The best! She pushes me to be better on every project and in life!

Glad you got a good one. Me too. :cheers:

Except yaris, prius, smart cars, echos, cubes , fits or versas or any crap similar to those lol

Pretty sure we all agree with that. :yes:

You must have a great wife to put up with your addiction. :cheers:

The best! She pushes me to be better on every project and in life!

Make that three! Mine is out helping turn wrenches with me. Were lucky men

RockMJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • kryptronic unpinned and featured this topic