Tankertom's 89 Comanche

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glade To See You On The Forum Jesse! BalterBuilt Built My Cage And Rear Bumper. Stand Up Guy And Great Work. I Highly Recomend Him To Anybody On The Forum.

Sorry For The Caps But My Computer Took A Dump so I'm Using My Phone And It Caps Every Word.

• 3 weeks later...

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas! Still Waiting On One More Box From Ruff Stuff Before It's Ready For The Next Project To Begin. OncE That Box Arrives I Will Pull It All Out And Share Pics And The Plan....Until Then This TEaser Pic Will Have To Hold You Over!

• 8 months later...

Haven't posted in a long time. Still have a garage full of suspension parts to go on the Comanche, soon I hope! In the mean time I took her wheelin yesterday. Had a great time on the rocks. The exo cage allows me to do so much more now that I don't have to worry about beating up the body. Snapped my drive shaft on a rock though :(

Also picked up a new rig! 2013 JKU!!!

• 2 weeks later...

In the garage I have a whole new suspension set up waiting to be installed. Clayton pro series 3 link for the front, clayton axle truss, rubicon express 5.5 inch front coils, ruff stuff rear 4 link kit, and a summit racing fuel cell. Once it's all installed I'm gonna upgrade to a new set of 35 inch MTR/K tires. Can't wait!

• 5 months later...

Not comanche related but it is a jeep! Put some money into the wrangler. 3.5 inch rock krawler lift, pro comp wheels, 35 inch MTRs, sleeved and gusseted the front axle, 4.88 gears and eaton E lockers front and rear, bilstein shocks, and a superchips flashpaq. I'm loving it so far.

• 2 months later...

The Comanche goes under the knife! List of parts include:

Clayton front 3 link

New RE 5.5 coils

Front fox 2.0 14" travel shocks

Summit fuel cell

Walbro fuel pump

Artec front axle truss

Artec gussets

Ruff stuff rear triangulated 4 link kit

Ballistic fab coil spring mounts for rear

Stock cherokee coil springs for rear

And other odds and ends like bump stops, limiting straps, etc...

Once it's all together I will be throwing some 35" tires on her

Pics to follow!