NAFTA Super Highway??

Bonkers

As anyone else heard of this? Apparently the government is building a highway from Mexico to Canada to allow other countries to by-pass American tax laws for shipping goods through the country. It doesn't make sense to me, but several websites are talking about $200b+ in apportioned funds and no Americans will be allowed to drive on it.

Oh, and no pesky customs inspections to slow down traffic.

If this is real I am very concerned, but if not could someone please tell me where to look. Snopes.com, wikipedia, and none of the news sites have ANYTHING regarding details to this project.

Well...

I don't think they ment to build a highway. Maybe in a figurative sense. The idea was to streamline the paperwork so that goods could be passed accross the country without having taxes applied or having to deal with customs and blah blah blah. Basically so that you could actually get something shipped from A to B without it taking two months.

NAFTA is retarded. Canada should have posted notice a LONG time ago and gotten out of it. Unfortunatly, the last government had their own agenda (making themselves rich) and the current one sucks up to the cross border politicians.

Okay, so I made a political post. I probably won't do it again.

last time I was in Ottawa, I went out to a friend's place and we wheeled the snot out of his old YJ, then drank then wandered downtown ottawa loaded to the sky.

I relived myself on the main building of federal parliament without realizing it, until after.:)

but stopped and saluted the war memorials, as I'm from a military bkgrnd

No, not NAFTA, I mean a real apshault and concrete roadway streching from Mexico City to Toronto. A buddy of mine in Texas mentioned it to me so I started to research (thinking it was a myth.) Apparently its not.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/artman/pu ... 4218.shtml

They're calling it the "Trans Texas Corridor" down there, but it will ultimately span the US.

ComancheRob.....I do belive you made the paper.........The Toronto SUN , front and centre. :oops:

...who caught him urinating on photo?

or was it just frozen pee pics? :nuts:

from the sounds of that, it sounds like it'd piss off wayyyy to many americans for it to get passed. that would take the govt buying/taking land from ALL kinds of americans (who wouldn't be allowed on it) to build it on.

no way itll work. we :USAflag:'s :mad: too much. :brows:

Its for fuel transport, specifically.

Ill dig up the links I have.

Will be a full pipeline running parallel to this road.

And it WILL be open, but under special passes, based on what theyve said thus far.

Mainly for non stop transport from mexico to canada.

You haven't been paying attention! READ what it says! The gov't ALREADY owns all the land needed!

Don't feel like reading. US government? Don't see why they'd close it off for US citizen use then.

Just like they don't block off area 51 and all military bases? soapbox.gif

I've heard alot about this too. Bonkers is right. In addition to what he said, it is also a way for importers to bypass our western ports by importing everything from Asia into Mexico to save money. Then everything will be trucked north from there. I live in western WA and this could really mess up the economy up and down the large ports of the west coast. I've heard that many American truckers may be out of work because truckers from Mexico will be able to drive on the super highway system (for less money than American truckers).

From what I've heard, it's not good.

:USAflag: :USAflag: :USAflag:

What is really amazing me is that no one seems to care that our governement has allocated $200,000,000,000.00 towards a project which raises some SERIOUS questions about the stability of our boarders. Its like we're all "yeah whatever, springers's on..."

Hillard and Edwards are in full support of Bush's plans to make this happen - doesn't that strike anyone else as the seventh sign of the apocolypse? Since we're fronting the bill, how can this possible help us in the long run? Seems like quite the windfall for Mexico.

A lot of questions and no real answers, this is exactly why our government gets away with crap - americans don't bother challenging it.