A little help from the community please!

The blow by is something the 4.0 is known for. Cleaning all the sludge off the inside of the valve cover and opening up the CCV orifice again can temporarily help (if not fix) the oil on the air filter, but it will come back again later.

I agree on the $1500. You can possibly ask for $1800 (and settle for $1500) to allow some room to negotiate.

Not trying to devalue your truck by any means, but I paid $1000 for mine and it was a 1990 Eliminator 4x4, 4.0, 5spd, 140k near perfect interior and good running condition, with a few spare parts as well. Guess I just got a good deal.

Depending on how severe it knocks, I would post it for 2300 and settle for 1900. Just my opinion, but depending on the answers to the questions below you could foreseeably get 2500 for it, so don't be discouraged.

These are a few other questions that could either help or hinder your asking price.

Is it a 4.0 or a 2.5?

Does it have working a/c? heat?

Does everything work on it? windows, door locks, radio, etc.

How much rust? superfical or frame rust

Does it burn oil? blue smoke, white smoke?

and craigslist is a fantastic way to advertise it, i'd do that first thing. :thumbsup:

I really appreciate everyone who gave me their opinion.... very helpful.

side note to lsmurphy, interesting that you post a link on your messages to a Christian Sabbath website, but include an ill-needed comment about the NPR sticker. Thought this forum was about Jeeps.

Thanks to everyone else

:roll:

I am going this afternoon to look at a non running, parked undercover since '07, 1988 pioneer, seemingly equipped same as yours, 4.0/5spd, 2wd and from pics about the same condition.

Said to have been parked due to sickness, and mechanic has looked at it and declared it to be fit, only needing a fuel pump, tho maybe a tank is in order also by now. Turns over (wish they hadn't done that on dry cylinders) very minor floor rust, couple places size of quarter. Decent white paint. Nice interior.

Small tires, styled steel wheels.

Asking price is $1000, and seems firm on that, claims to have several lookers coming Saturday.

Non running is the key here... I am thinking of conversion to 4wd, only reason I would buy it.

:dunno:

side note to lsmurphy, interesting that you post a link on your messages to a Christian Sabbath website, but include an ill-needed comment about the NPR sticker. Thought this forum was about Jeeps.

Thanks to everyone else

You go girl!

Suggest you keep the Comanche, I think you'll get along here just fine.

Is 1wingnut because an affiliation with the USAF?

:roll:

I am going this afternoon to look at a non running, parked undercover since '07, 1988 pioneer, seemingly equipped same as yours, 4.0/5spd, 2wd and from pics about the same condition.

Said to have been parked due to sickness, and mechanic has looked at it and declared it to be fit, only needing a fuel pump, tho maybe a tank is in order also by now. Turns over (wish they hadn't done that on dry cylinders) very minor floor rust, couple places size of quarter. Decent white paint. Nice interior.

Small tires, styled steel wheels.

Asking price is $1000, and seems firm on that, claims to have several lookers coming Saturday.

Non running is the key here... I am thinking of conversion to 4wd, only reason I would buy it.

:dunno:

I'd swap the fuel pump relay with the one next to it before saying the pump is dead. That's how I got the last 3 of my MJs and a couple XJs.

Id say around 2k would be pretty fair. The body looks to be in pretty good shape, much better than many Ive seen. The mechanical issues may seem bad but actually are pretty normal for these trucks/motors and can be run on without too much permanent damage. Having fresh fluids and filters and other small things can def help the price stay up for you.

Or keep it and slowly work on it. Its been around for 20+ years, why not another 20

Thanks to everyone else

Ecclesiastes 10:2

King James 2000 Bible

A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

No, Jeep drivers are not necessarily monolithic. :)

Thanks to everyone else

Ecclesiastes 10:2

King James 2000 Bible

A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

No, Jeep drivers are not necessarily monolithic. :)