Bumper Stumper

Will a Cherokee rear bumper fit a Comanche? I'm looking for a cheap solution to replace the home made box steel one currently mounted to my truck.

The truck will be coming to it's new home in 2 more days. I can't wait. I've been driving my wife's Mazda Protege for 5 months now. I surrendered my Blazer to her once my Son was born since it's roomier and hopefully safer.

Slim

Yea, it's pretty clean. A bit of bed rash, and the odd rust spot mainly under the doors and a bit near the front fender flares.

I am planning to replace the bumpers and wheels. I decided to keep it pretty stock and clean. I'm going to replace the wheels if I am not happy with whats on there after I clean them up. They are original, just painted blue for some reason.

As for paint. I always liked the Red Cherokee Limited's from around 89 I think. So I will probably repaint it whatever colour that is. I am also considering making it into a Comanche limited by adding the gold pin stripe and BBS wheels.

For now, I just want to drive it. It's an 87 4 Cyl 5 speed, 2wd.

HEHE, Jeepthing, that's what I said when I saw them. I think it was owned by some colour blind dude. Even the teal greenish blue decal think is but stinking ugly. I bought it cause it's got low clicks, little rust, certified and sniffed. The price was pretty good to for the shape.

hey are those tweeters mounted in the little square area just in front of the door handles? it's kinda hard to tell cause the pic is a little fuzzy. that gives me an idea on where to put some whenever i get some extra $.

Yay! another all-black (AMC) interior. That makes 3 of us that I know of here that have it :D

I love mine, but don't have A/C, and the PO installed a sunroof that doesn't have an inside covering to pull over it. It's like driving a pizza oven around in the summertime......

Jeff

I don't like the feel of this one it's too skinny.

I agree. I put me one of them fancy steerin' wheel cover/wrap thingies on mine about 5 years ago to thicken it up some....it's held up surprisingly well....

I've been scouting the 'yards in search of a good condition newer style black 3 spoke wheel, but haven't found one yet that's been worth pulling. I like the looks of them better than the 2 spoke. Maybe I'll get lucky this weekend <>

Image Not Found

Hey, that doesn't look too bad. It may be a good solution for now until I can justify dumping $100+ on a steering wheel.

I also like your light bulb shifter. Mine is an 8 ball.

I brought the truck home for the first time today. The license office was surprisingly dead.

One minor incident on the way home. My wife and I stopped for lunch, when we were done the 10 year old battery just couldn't turn over in the cold. -10C or 20 American Degrees.

After charging it up with my blazer for almost 30 minutes it finally turned over. My first bolt on purchase was a new battery from Crappy Tire. I went with an Eliminator Spiral something or other. 790 Cold Cranking amps and a 10yr warranty. Plus if you get stuck somewhere they will come and boost you for 3 years.

I also like your light bulb shifter. Mine is an 8 ball.

It's actually a cue ball :brows:

I suppose an 8 ball would match a little better, but I wasn't thinking that the night I "borrowed" it from a local club :D

Jeff