MJ trailer hitch (group buy)

shelbyluvv

So there are no long any Draw Tight or Tite (orginal name) class 3 hitches? Seriously? I bought mine from Uhaul about 8 years ago in TX for 129.00. Mounts to the factory bumper and basiclly forces you to keep the factory bumper. So custom tube might be a choice but you might as well forget Fey bumpers. The problem with Fey is and with any direct mount ball is you can not have much of a lift kit on your truck. The advantahe of a reciever hitch is you can get up to about a 9" drop ball (Harbor Freight). My 88 Comanche owners manual states that you should not pull a trailer if you have a manual trans. I do, but don't go too big as it will wag the truck and at 60 mph on the highway it's can get pretty exciting and it will sure make you wish you have rear disc brakes too.

Their DIY XJ info: http://www.jcroffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=J&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=XJB&Product_Code=DIY-XJ-R

My personal one, I built my own frame brackets and used box tube as a core tieing the brackets to each other and to the hitch, so I know mine would exceed any rating my vehicle could ever tow.

I like yours better also skidoo, how much for you to build another? (you can PM me if you wish)

I had one question of the tow rating, and looked on their u-build-it XJ one and it said that it would be able to handle up to the original tow rating for the vehicle...wait what? do they really know what is their tow rating?

I like yours better also skidoo, how much for you to build another? (you can PM me if you wish)

I had one question of the tow rating, and looked on their u-build-it XJ one and it said that it would be able to handle up to the original tow rating for the vehicle...wait what? do they really know what is their tow rating?

Sorry, the time it took me I doubt i'll make another one again. I don't have a metal break so all of my pieces were cut and welded front and back. So there's alot of wire in there too.

Any chance this is the UHAUL version that works on an MJ? Just checking.....

Does it look familiar?

http://atlanta.craig...3312675496.html

Nope. You'd have to find out what the width of the brackets are and decide if you're willing to modify one to fit. I'm sure you could go to any muffler hitch place and have them make one, or pick up a universal and make it fit.