Tires?

I'm wanting to get rid of my 31" BFG All Terrains and go to 32x11.5x15 or 33x10.5x15. Igot my wheels powdercoated black and now I'm looking for tires. I want more aggressive, but it is my daily driver. I don't drive that far and don't mind noise. Just want some attention catchers and good offroad performance. It does see mud and dirt other than pavement. But no snow or rocks. I don't want anything overly heavy as it does not have the gears. I want taller for looks, but cannot go 12.5 due to my rims and it'd struggle too much. I've been looking at KM2's. Any suggestions? Thanks! comanche.gif

Cooper STT's are a great tire. I've watched them outperform K2's more than once. There the best "mud terrain" tire I've seen. Great Offroad, and great on road. Yes they are Kevlar sidewall as well. I also like how my (new style)mtr's Goodyear Mt's worked. I don't know if either come in your desired size though. One thing I can say for sure is......no matter how good the deal DO NOT get toyo's. There great street and towing tires (probably the best for how aggressive they look) but with there load rating and sidewall design they SUCK Offroad and it does not help much even if there aired down.

My 2 cents, Cheers.

I'm guessing your leaning towards some mud terrain so the km2 or the orriginal bfg mt if you can find them work great IMO.

One thing I can say for sure is......no matter how good the deal DO NOT get toyo's. There great street and towing tires (probably the best for how aggressive they look) but with there load rating and sidewall design they SUCK Offroad and it does not help much even if there aired down.

My 2 cents, Cheers.

:agree: TOYO does not seem to get it from my experience.

Take a look at other Cooper's as well. Cooper is the leader for Hybrid (at/mt) tire manufactures. They have quite the variety.

I have 35" Cooper STT on my TJ and will say they have been a great tire. I have over 30k miles on them and they continue to perform well off road and stay quiet on the road.

I rotate my tires(cooper stt's 35's)with oil changes...so about every 3k miles. I've found most all tires do well if you actually keep up on rotations and your ball joints and alignments. I would run a 8 inch rim.

11.5 is definitely too much for a 7" rim. I'm running 31x10.5 Pro Comp Xtreme MT's. I get good tread life out of them (rotate every 3k / oil change) and they do well on and off road...I left a couple of my YJ and TJ buddies behind last time we went wheeling. Just my 2 cents.

I'm thinking STT too. They are a little expensive but have good reviews and look really sweet. Seem lighter than others also. How is the street wear?

As long as you rotate them you should get 50k+ out of them. Just know that with a mud tire alignment and inflation are very inportent.

Brandon

I'm thinking STT too. They are a little expensive but have good reviews and look really sweet. Seem lighter than others also. How is the street wear?

315/75R16 STTs have a tread depth of 20/32nds new. I just measured all 5 on my TJ (I do 5 tire rotation) and they had 12-13/32nds at about 35K miles. That is very good wear for an aggressive tire with great traction.

Be sure to shop around for tire prices. I don't recall how much I payed, but I do remember a $75 price difference between various tire shops when I was calling around.

i have the Cooper STT also, they not to bad for noise or vibration and i drive alot of hwy. when you go to buy: try working in the deal that you get free mount and balance, and free lifetime balancing.

before these i had procomp extreme mud terrains. they had awesome traction, espically wet pavement but they are too soft of rubber compund to last for a reasonable amout of time

well I'm now in the same boat as you. I'm looking for new tires. STT is on the list but I'm not really feeling it.

MTRs w/kevlar, KM2s and Maxxis Creepy Crawler is what i think ive got it down too. they all have the sizes i like and prices that are decent. decisions, decisions :wall:

Pics are soon to be posted in my build thread :thumbsup: And I paid $900 cash for the set of 32x11.5x15 mount and balanced with new lug nuts and road hazard.

:eek: what a great deal! Congrats jamminz.gif

Brandon

Has anyone seen the the new Cooper ST MAXX? They look sweet but only came in load E for a 16 inch wheel. I went with the Cooper ST's and I love them... I paid 760ish total for 4- 265/75/16 load C. I really like them, thought about the STT's, but didn't like em as much.