Fender flares?

:idea: Somewhere on the forum , there is a guy who sanded the MJ rear flares taking off the ridge nearest the body and the crease line smoothed away . Apparently the stock flare has lots of meat in those areas . The finished job looked very much the same as 97+ flares on the front . He also adapted 97+ tail-lights which really finished the update conversion nicely :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...

I remember havibg some similar to that on a company truck I used to drive at a previous job. IIRC, it was a 99 or 2000 Chevy K2500. I may be wrong, though. I have to hit the JY's next time I have a day off.

That's just for one though. Ebay has sets of 4 for around $100~

They even have a "Rivet style" Version too

I have seem others use the Bushwacker XJ 2 door Flares, looks decent.

They don't fit.

Once again, the XJ rear wheel opening is smaller in both length and height than the MJ. 2-door and 4-door XJs have the same wheel opening and take the same flares.

Cool deal! I think I'm going to pick up a set.

Cool deal! I think I'm going to pick up a set.

I'm really tempted to order a set myself. Only thing is, idk if they'd cover my 12.5" tires. They look pretty flat on the body.

Get Bushwackers for the Chevy pickup then? They make some that just go out, not cut up the rest of the Fender I believe. I'm looking into doing the Notch customs flares for my truck. Same as Iceland off road, notch customs got their molds when they went under.

Get Bushwackers for the Chevy pickup then? They make some that just go out, not cut up the rest of the Fender I believe. I'm looking into doing the Notch customs flares for my truck. Same as Iceland off road, notch customs got their molds when they went under.

• 2 weeks later...