My New $300 MJ

Well I Have acquired a new project, after I finish up my 4.0ZJ and my 5.9ZJ, I spied it in a "home store" parking Lot, with a for sale sign no price and a number, called him up, Said his son had a new truck, and the mj had "death wobble" and just flat out ugly, so needless to say I took her home for scrap value!!! I have always wanted one, and just stumbled across this one, It is an 89, 2.5, 5spd with only 4 gears (I think, won't go into 5th, maybe a 5spd knob on 4spd stick) lol, 2wd, 100k, Little to no rust (being in IL hard to believe) Has a tiny amount of surface rust on the bed below gas cap and mainly on the ds bed for some reason, all other typical bad spots are great, Anywho I will be junking the entire drive train for a 4x4 xj swap, 4.0, 242, and not sure if I'm going to go with a ax15 or throw an aw4 in it, can't wait to get the carpet ripped up and get her off to media blast. You guys have a great site, been surf'n around for a while now.

89mj.jpg

0904111316a.jpg

0904111316b.jpg

0904111317a.jpg

0904111317b.jpg

0904111317d.jpg

0904111317e.jpg

Thanks for all the comments, That switch on the LH side is a switch the PO put in to control the tail lights lol, must have had a ground problem or sumthn idk, and the interior is maroon, my camera is ghey, On another note I will get sum pictures of my zjs up sumday. And ill keep you all updated as this build goes on.

Check it for clutch master syndrome, which is what we call it when you start having gremlins with the electrical system as a result of the master leaking down the interior firewall all over the fusebox.

With the PO wiring in a switch for the tails, it sounds like that might be a possibility. The fluid is caustic to the plastic, and messes everything up.

Rob

Well ill share this pic of my old 5.9 to make you post pics of yours :D

22778_225508589997_695089997_3110055_2376846_n.jpg

I had a similar issue with my tail lights when I first got the Jeep. It turned out to be a combination of a bad ground, split under bed wiring, and fuses/relays in the cab. Good luck man and welcome again!

RockMJ

Ya my 5.9 is basically stock right now, and I'm making my 93 a look a like with the grill/hood/interior etc. And I really don't care about the electrical crap at this point, I'm gunna gut it all anyways ya know, and interior I'm gunna change it to the xj popular gray color i like, this is such a s stupid newb question but how can i tell what kind of trans is in this, I looked all over underneath and couldnt c a tag or anything, I'm just curious if its a 4or 5spd!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I just bought the MJ's Heart Transplant Donor:

93 XJ 140K

4.0 HO

AX-15

Np231

Gray Interior

Like New Tires

Minor Rust on lower Doors

I am the Second Owner

$500 Bucks, Runs Great,

It Will be somewhat hard to strip it down!

jeep500chicago.jpg

1231111425a.jpg

1231111425b.jpg

That XJ has nice interior! It looks almost new inside.

If you are going to swap out the burgundy for the gray I need a few parts.

Shelbyluvv, I've got a BUNCH of gray MJ interior pieces as well. Shipping could be interesting on the big pieces, but lemme know if Bhfear doesn't have what you need.

Bhfear, I need the B pillar plastic and the carpeted rear panel. I would need it shipped to me at 92277. You can PM me an we can take it from there to keep your build thread from getting cluttered up.

yellaheep, I am looking for burgundy stuff.

• 2 weeks later...