Birthday/promotion shoes

btm24

So I've had my job for about 5 months now and my boss since day one has told me that I needed a new pair of shoes. Well today I got the promotion that I have been waiting for :banana: and thought I would treat my self to a new pair. (Btw I do door to door alarm sales so it was very important that I had something that I could walk 6+ miles in and look good in.) Well since its winterish down here I thought I would be wearing mostly long paints like kackis 90% of the time so I went with some shoes that would look good with that. Before this I had been wearing 3 year old converse so any thing was an improvement. So while at the mall I fell in love with these Ecco fusion's so I got them at $160. I have NEVER spent this much on one pair of shoes at a time. Not even with my cowboy boots. I just thought since I got my promotion and it's my birthday tomarrow I would get somthing that would really stand out. Has any body ever had a pair of these before? They look nice but I just wanted to see what y'all thought?

Brandon

Ecco is a great brand of shoes. I've had a pair of their hiking boots for 7 years and aside from a few scuffs, they still feel perfect. They're very comfortable and should take care of you for 6+ miles of walking a day. I'm extremely picky about my shoes and ecco and timberland have been the only shoes (aside from tennis shoes) and boots that I've worn where I don't have tired and sore feet at the end of the day. Congrats on the promotion and enjoy those new shoes. They're worth every penny!

Investing on a good pair of shoes is never a bad thing, especially if you're doing that much walking.

If you add up the number of hours per year that you're in your work shoes, it's an unbelievable number. That's why I don't mind shelling out some serious coin for a good pair of shoes.

Oh, and congrats on the promo. And happy bday.

I've never used Eccos.. When I used to have a job where I walked all day long, I used postman shoes. 'Cause who walks more than the folks delivering mail door to door? That was a great pair of shoes to walk in all day long. Now I have to wear boots, I use Timberland or Red Wing with the ABS safety toe. Meets the same ANSI 75 standard as steel toes at half the weight and they don't get cold. Cheap boots/shoes end up being alot more cost than just the money you save...

I've never used Eccos.. When I used to have a job where I walked all day long, I used postman shoes. 'Cause who walks more than the folks delivering mail door to door? That was a great pair of shoes to walk in all day long. Now I have to wear boots, I use Timberland or Red Wing with the ABS safety toe. Meets the same ANSI 75 standard as steel toes at half the weight and they don't get cold. Cheap boots/shoes end up being alot more cost than just the money you save...

I used to buy cheap boots all the time. They always started to squeak, creak, fall apart... Over a year ago, my cheap ways were really starting to show. My laces were all broken, and I was using zip ties to tie my boots up. My mom saw this, and told me that I was getting boots for my birthday. We ended up at a Redwing store, and it was a totally new experience. They actually fit you right there, make recommendations based on what your using them for, and even lace them up for you once you have a pair you would like to try. He set me up with a pair similar sounding to Will's, and I tossed down the money. Ma helped a bit, but the full load of the $150 was more than I wanted her to spend.

They feel like slippers now. They are completely quiet, make no noise, and flex great. On top of all that, for the life of the boot, Redwing gives you free eyelets, laces, and small other things.

Never going back.

Congrats on the new shoes. You'll be in the same boat I am. No more cheapies from here on out.

Rob

I tried Red Wings, as well as Rockies. They just don't fit my feet right. I like Wolverines for just about anything, and had a pair of Danner boots that were very comfortable. Never tried Ecco, though.

Currently wearing a pair of garbage Nike tennis shoes. Starting to fall apart after only two months. Have had a pair of Head Games ones that lasted a good while, and might try New Balance for my next pair.

Congrats on both!

I too walk about 6 miles a day (on average), but through trees, brush and crud. I've put a lot of miles on my boots in the last 6 years or so. They are the most comfortable footwear I own but the lugs on the bottom are almost worn smooth. They are a gortex Cabelas high top boot. I have a replacement pair ready to go when these loose all traction or start to leak.

I tried Red Wings, as well as Rockies. They just don't fit my feet right. I like Wolverines for just about anything, and had a pair of Danner boots that were very comfortable. Never tried Ecco, though.

Currently wearing a pair of garbage Nike tennis shoes. Starting to fall apart after only two months. Have had a pair of Head Games ones that lasted a good while, and might try New Balance for my next pair.

My wife has screwed up feet, surgeries, pins, screws, etc. in her feet. And she stands most of the day at work, New Balance shoes are more money than alot of brands but they are only ones that last more than a month or two for her.