what tires do you recommend?

It's time for some new shoes. I've had the BFG AT's on my truck (31's) for a few years now, and they wore nice and even. They weren't super in light snow, but otherwise I was very happy with them.

Thinking of going to 32's and I thought MT tires would look cool -- that might not be the best idea for a truck that sees a fair amount of interstate time.

I'll probably go back with BFG, but I'd love some input. I'm lifted 3-3.5 inches, have OME front springs and shocks, looking to go MT from add-a-leaf out back eventually. Almost never offroad, around town and highway split 50-50.

You could go nuts reading reviews on Tire Rack.com -- every tire has a ton of both GREAT and TERRIBLE reviews.

What do you all think?

:wrench:

Tom

i like cooper tires. the discoverer at/r was a great tire, but they're phasing that line out and replacing with their discoverer at/3. great all around tires with good life, decent cost, good all around traction. if you want more of a mud tire, they have the discoverer stt also.

I have been running General Grabber AT2's for over 3 years now on my liberty and they have been great, very similiar to the BFG's but considerably less expensive. I'd buy them again in a heartbeat and plan to put them on my wife's Land Rover when it needs new tires

My truck came with a set of nearly-new Falken Landairs, and they have been terrific for my totally street-driven truck. Quiet, long-wearing, and I'm sure they're not the lowest common denominator on the ride front.

If you do a lot of off-roading, I have no idea. Never been on anything scarier than a potholed dirt road.

My favorites. Ran both on street and wheeling rigs.

BFG KM2s. Liked these for wheeling alot but where not as great as...

MTR/Ks. Loved these! My next wheeling rig will be running them!

Cooper STTs. Great in snow, quiet, wear out fast.

BFG ATs. Had them on my 01 Diesel. Just like any other AT to me.

Swamper LTBs. Tough tires, street manners suck.

BFG Long Trail Touring. (LOL) Brand new tires on the DD XJ. Seem to be fine for DD use!

I have general grabbers on my wrangler 33x12.5r15's ride great balanced the tires yesterday, had 1-4 road force on all 5 tires. They are pricey but I got them when they first came out, and I might have known someone who works at general :)

Well it all depends on your budget also. I've always gotten the best of the best when it comes to tires because I want to almost never have to worry about replacing them. The two pairs of of tires I've bought I did very exstensive research before buying them. My first pair were some 31" pirelli scorpion atr's. They were and are a great tire (for sale btw with 5k miles on them ;)) for the price. They are a 60,000 mile tire that is AMAZING on the road and does really well in the mud, slick clay, and sand. I got them because back then I thought they would be more then enough and a mud tire just wouldn't last as long. Also the pirellis look fantastic :D

Fast forwarded a year and I've now upgraded my lift and wanted a 33" mud tire. The year before I had already done a bunch of research on mud tires and had a good idea on which type I wanted. So I started to lookinto it a bit more a settled on the Coooper discover stt's. I went fishy them after talking with 3 people who had owned or own the tires on there rig and got there thoughts on them. All of them said that they didn't wear bad at all (one who is about to replace them on his TJ has put over 50,000 miles on them) and looks amazing.

I hope I was able to help with some thoughts. Those would be the only two tires that would even be on my mind. Here are some pics of both tires on Comanches

Brandon

IMHO most M/T's are not the best choice unless you need an M/T.

That being said, if you have a Pep Boys near you check out the Dakota M/T. It is a well siped M/T that I have used in Ohio's icy/snowy winters for over 40,000 miles. Works well off-road, too. I am replacing them 11/1/11 but I could easily get 50,000 out of them legally, just with reduced performance.

The General AT2's are very well regarded in many circles.