Wooden Bumper

Comanche County

I personally think it's pretty tacky, but my opinion on wooden bumpers has been very biased since the guy down the street from me purchased a brand new '06 Rubicon TJ five years ago and immediately took off the front and rear bumpers and fitted them with a set of stained oak bumpers. Talk about trashing a Jeep that already looked great from the factory...

I personally think it's pretty tacky, but my opinion on wooden bumpers has been very biased since the guy down the street from me purchased a brand new '06 Rubicon TJ five years ago and immediately took off the front and rear bumpers and fitted them with a set of stained oak bumpers. Talk about trashing a Jeep that already looked great from the factory...

:yes: I agree completely. This is what happens when you are out of ideas.

yawn.....

Wooden bumpers are so...2005

I do like the trailer plug drilled through it though...

Apparently, so is rust. I had a '64 Gladiator with a 3"X16"X5' plank for a front bumper. I used it for a 'push truck' and used wood so I wouldn't scratch the chrome bumpers of the being pushed vehicles and I wanted it wide enough so it wouldn't climb over or go under their bumper. Worked great. Thought I'd seen all the local MJ'S but that's a new one to me.

Look, if he chainsawed the tree himself, fell it onto a Prius, chained it up and drug it behind the Comanche through downtown Boulder (CO plates), smashed a couple of hippies in the process (the bad ones), planed the pieces he needed, used the rest to open BBQ a Feral Hog with 6" tusks Hawaiian style that he just happened to kill while on his way to work that morning makes him an OK guy with me, turd or not. image_209027.gif

Emergency crews responded to an incident at the corner of 5th and Main late yesterday afternoon involving a pedestrian and a Jeep pick up. Seems the pedestrian, Carlos J. Stupido was jay walking across the intersection against a red light when he was struck by the truck. When he was interviewed by police Mr Stupido commented that it was bad enough getting splinters in his legs but when the truck backed up, shoving a corn cob up his rectum, was adding insult to injury. Mr Stupido was cited for interfering with traffic, Jay walking and being a public nuisance. The truck driver was commended for having a nice looking truck, despite the splintery front bumper and missing rear bumper.

yawn.....

Wooden bumpers are so...2005

I do like the trailer plug drilled through it though...

Apparently, so is rust. I had a '64 Gladiator with a 3"X16"X5' plank for a front bumper. I used it for a 'push truck' and used wood so I wouldn't scratch the chrome bumpers of the being pushed vehicles and I wanted it wide enough so it wouldn't climb over or go under their bumper. Worked great. Thought I'd seen all the local MJ'S but that's a new one to me.

That truck has spent the last 15 years at least in the rust-belt. that's really not bad for a truck that has been used as a truck and not some garage queen.