NOS Goodness! Scored a FACTORY SWB bedside!

Incommando

Yep...sometimes those rumors are true. I found a complete inner/outer factory driver's side bedside at a local dealer while tracking down a rumor. It has the factory part # and stamp date and it is perfect! I only had a brief moment to snap pics due to a prior commitment but it resides safely in my garage now. Sadly, I may use it for patch panels. If someone is really interested in it and is close enough to Dayton OH to pick it up.... :brows: a pm might be in order?

Image Not Found

DON'T YOU DARE CUT THAT UP! Rob, you better send the MJ police to Dayton! I'll cut my bedside off, and you can patch to your hearts content! Whaddaya want for it? How bout my first born! You come up with a Pass side one, and I've got more kids!

I have no idea of its value. I helped the the part's dept dude dig it out of the rafters at the dealership. It has been up there since January 1995 and was apparently written out of inventory in 1997. They were moving parts/cleaning up and they found it.

Upon further review I agree cutting this up would be a serious mistake. If it was the pass. side I would just use the thing. I will research it and post it up in for sale.

I can tell you I was as excited as a little kid on Christmas morning when I got to the dealer. This bedside is like a time capsule it is so nice. I would rather have found a little old lady selling her late husband's loaded '92 10,000 mile 4x4 that has been in a climate controlled garage for 17 years after his death for $1,000, but next to that unpossibilty this is a surprising find/story. I will take pics with an actual camera tonight and post them up.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

I cannot find a flaw in it. Most of the body panels I have purchased over the years needed some work, but this doesn't. Of ocurse I have always bought aftermarket.

You know it would almost be a shame to use it, seeing as how rust free beds are a dime a dozen, I would feel bad about using it since there are always rust free beds you could replace one with.

Nice find! My long bed one dosent have the inner panel.

I thought this was a trailer park snowplow for a minute there!

I hate both of you. A bedside hanging under the front of my bar with a lit tail light would be super sweet. Especially when this is the couch.

76981_164588733578622_100000824882082_283313_7259075_n.jpg

Rob

And I thought my MJ bench, mounted to two MJ wheels was a sweet garage couch! I want it!

That bed couch is awesome!

I am in the market for some build parts...like 29 spline 8.25 locker...D30 locker..off road bumper(s)....something like that... :wrench: But cash is always the right color :yes:

Most jeeps, including MJ's, had rust as a dealer installed option practically before they were bought new anywhere near the Greal Lakes region.

I hate both of you. A bedside hanging under the front of my bar with a lit tail light would be super sweet. Especially when this is the couch.

76981_164588733578622_100000824882082_283313_7259075_n.jpg Rob

Damn Rob, in that pic you look just like a younger Freddie Roach, the best trainer in boxing and the owner of the Wild Card Gym in Hollywood, CA. Currently trains Manny Pacquiao, Amir Khan, and has trained 27 world champions to date. :cheers:

Image Not Found