time for another good idea....bad idea

88swampedmj

good idea..

going out for a afternoon wheeling session.

Image Not Found

BAD idea.. going out for a afternoon wheeling session ...in a thunderstorm through a creek.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

help didnt get there for awhile.. finally my sisters husband andrew came and helped.. starting it up was horrible.. there was tons of smoke and a weird clicking noise from the passenger side of the engine bay.. i think its a relay... it won't even start now....the water wasnt very high when i tried it.. but couldnt make it so i sat there as the water rose...

Quick drain all fluids run it for about 15min and repeat. Did any H2O get in the intake, looks like it may have?

I used to drive thru creeks in a local mud hole with my old XJ, flooded the motor with water drained it started it and the motor blew 3 days later sitting in traffic, all because I didn't change the oil....DOH....

STROKERMJ

Ya make sure you pull the plugs let it dry and and crank it over a few times with the plugs out to make sure you don't hydro-lock the motor. Bad things happen when you hydro-lock the motor.

Good luck. Awesome pics by the way. The flowing water looks really cool in them!

well when i tried to start it as i was getting pulled out it made a horrible grinding noise... like the starter wasnt grabbing the fly wheel..

it started then blew smoke everywhere, i tured it off and it hasnt started since... i think it got a little water in there but not too bad.. i already drained the oil and am about to do the spark plug wires...

but it still sounds like the starter isnt catching the fly wheel.. or is it somethin else?

i never really tried starting it while it was underwater but i did after we got it out wich iam sure the air filter was soaked so it may have just a little in there hopefully not enough to lock it up.. but ill take out the plugs to be safe..