Any tall MJ owners?

I'm 6'5" and have sat in a Comanche in the junkyard (fit fine), but I haven't been able to drive one around yet.

Before I waste my time driving (potentially) far away to look at a Comanche, are there any other tall mofos who fit just fine?

Thanks!

Zach

If you do the bucket seat swap and use the "rocket ship" style seats from the 2-door Cherokee's, then forget it...you'll never fit. I did that swap on my '88 Pioneer and I'm 6'1" and am damn close to the headliner. It supposedly raises the seating height about 2-3"...and I'll agree with that!

But, my bench seat on my '92 has so many miles on it (235K+) that I sink into that thing pretty far and have a ton of headroom.

I m 6'4" and my current MJ is the moast roomy small reg cab truck ive been in. But deff the bench seat is a million times better!!!! I didnt like the way my factory buckets were placed in my 90. But both 86 and 88 ive owned an currently drive, the stock bench seats is verry comfy an i can evean strech out my leg. Has more room than the cab of my 07 Kenworth tri axle!

:cheers:

I'm 6'2", and one of my MJs has XJ bucket seats in it that cause them to sit up higher than original MJ bench or buckets. I actually prefer the higher seats than the bench. If you're first in line at a stop light, you have to lean forward and look up to see the light, but otherwise it's rather comfy.

6'1" here as well, and even in my XJ, with the rocker seats, I still have comfortable head and leg room. I can't say on my MJ though, as it's getting racing seats, but with the bench it had, I had a lot of room as well.

6'5" here. Steering wheel is a bit closer to my chest than I like, but as far as leg room and head room I fit fine in 87 bucket seats in my MJ, and 96 4 door Cherokee seats in my Cherokee.

However ZJ seats mounted on wood blocks in my other MJ put my head almost on the headliner.

I'm 6'11" and have leg and head room problems with most all vehicles. I had to remove the bucket seat back and use the back cab wall for a backrest for adequate legroom. Also had to get rid of the bucket seat frame and bolt the seat cushion directly to the floor for headroom. But even that wasn't enough because my gourd kept hitting the roof on bumpy roads so I installed a popup sunroof so I could sit up straight. The old gourd gets cold in the winter though so I have to wear a leather hat.

I'm 6'11" and have leg and head room problems with most all vehicles. I had to remove the bucket seat back and use the back cab wall for a backrest for adequate legroom. Also had to get rid of the bucket seat frame and bolt the seat cushion directly to the floor for headroom. But even that wasn't enough because my gourd kept hitting the roof on bumpy roads so I installed a popup sunroof so I could sit up straight. The old gourd gets cold in the winter though so I have to wear a leather hat.

Seriously? I have trouble believing this because you had the bench redone, and I thought I saw pics of the seats, and they were on brackets, and had backs.

Edit:

Rob :hmm:

:rotf:

:rotf:

Oh crap - typo. Actually I'm 6'1", not 6'11". I fit just fine in there. Sorry..........

:brows:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm 6'2", and one of my MJs has XJ bucket seats in it that cause them to sit up higher than original MJ bench or buckets. I actually prefer the higher seats than the bench. If you're first in line at a stop light, you have to lean forward and look up to see the light, but otherwise it's rather comfy.

Yeah, I have this problem in every car.. I'm used to it finally :P I intentionally leave the upper part of my windshield smudged so that at night I can see the streaks of whatever color the light is.

Thanks everyone for the useful (and otherwise entertaining) comments. I'll definitely measure and remeasure any buckets I put in there! Can't wait to pick her up.

i am 6'3" and i have a mastercraft drivers seat. i cut the curved part off the top of the seat bracket and mounted it. without a helmet i am good, with a helmet i clear the roof, but not by much.

• 1 month later...
I'm 6'2", and one of my MJs has XJ bucket seats in it that cause them to sit up higher than original MJ bench or buckets. I actually prefer the higher seats than the bench. If you're first in line at a stop light, you have to lean forward and look up to see the light, but otherwise it's rather comfy.[/quote

ive got the same problem at traffic lights other than that I'm around 6'4 and still have lots of room with the bucket swap i did to the truck with 93 xj seats