Winch help/ MJ weight

I am looking to buy a Warn winch for my Comanche, but i am not sure how much a MJ weighs.. I think its around 3000 lbs.? is the general rule for winch cap. 1.5x the MJ weight, so i am looking for at least 4,500 lb or better winch.

Thanks

you can't go wrong with the warn M8000. It is a good winch.

less money then the rest and it works for what most of us use it for.

unless you are doing a lot of long winching evolutions every day it will hold up.

is this going on a DD or a off road only?

I purchased the VR8000 for my MJ.

I choose the 8000# winch because I need it to fit behind the cross member in front of the harmonic balancer for a hidden winch. The MJ is also light weight and will primarily be my DD. Not to mention Warn quality at a value price.

I have a SuperWinch EPi 9.5 on my TJ and have only used it on the trail a handful of times. If you ever think the load will be too much for your winch, pull out the snatch block and double up the pulling capability. Why somebody wouldn't have this in their trail bag is beyond me.

It is a value winch. I think it has a slightly different motor and solenoid pack.

Typically value winches are slower and create more amp pull from the battery than their higher end brothers. I opted for the warn value winch because I know I will not be using it everyday, more like a few times through out the year. It carries the same warranty as other warn winches too.

I had no idea they had a value line of winches,

the only reason i went with the m8000 was the price of the winch.

They were introduced 3 weeks ago :brows: I was all set to buy the M8000, then this new thing came out :idea:

i think they has a vr10k winch for about 570 something and the vr8K for 470 something i can't remember i need to look again.. i am thinking about getting the 10k.. it cost a little more but will be better in the long run i think.

Warn is currently offering an $80 rebate on most of their winches, ending sometime in June I think. You can find the list for qualifying winches and forms on their website.

i think they has a vr10k winch for about 570 something and the vr8K for 470 something i can't remember i need to look again.. i am thinking about getting the 10k.. it cost a little more but will be better in the long run i think.

Sometimes, you get what you pay for