2001 Eliminator

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job But You could saved yourself the work and just use the Dakota filler tube as it is removable and can be flexable...

2031946250049369580S500x500Q85.jpg

Would have loved to if I could have sourced the filler neck. I considered myself lucky to get the tank!

I've got to stop looking at your build Mike! I keep trying to figure out how to justify long arms and 33s.

How about if we meet halfway and trade trucks for a few months? I'd be more than happy to pilot yours!

I've got to stop looking at your build Mike! I keep trying to figure out how to justify long arms and 33s.

I'm doing it, the on road ride quality sucks with shortarms at all lift heights and I'm more than pleased with the on road ride and off road capability... I'm eventually moving up to 37s on wonton axles but for now 33s will just have to do 8)

• 3 weeks later...

With summer nearing I decided my old original single core radiator wasn't cutting it anymore. Its been 80 to 85 degrees the last few days and with the air conditioner running, my temps on the way to work have hovered around 225 to 230. Enter the CSF 2671 all metal 3 core radiator.

Now to see how well it stays cool in the Texas sun this summer!

haha i just got the same radiator on friday! unfortunately for me the box was half way open and the filler neck is bent down a hair which pushed it in a little along with the tranny line spot. I'm calling them monday. i almost told the guy to return to sender. anyway youll be very happy with the 3 row. it drops the temps a good deal even in the summer heat

I only Run the 3 core all metal Rad in my MJ and Try to sell it to anyone that needs a New Radiator...

It is far better then the alluminum/Plastic 1-2 core...

Now Just add Dual electric fans and You can save some money at the Fuel pumps...

Now Just add Dual electric fans and You can save some money at the Fuel pumps...

Haha I wish! I honestly don't think I'll see much of any improvement in mileage with electric fans.

Mike, Great job, this is the nicest MJ I've seen

Thanks brother. That means a lot coming from you

On changing the radiator, I guess it was definitely time. When putting the upper hose onto the new rad, I noticed a bushing looking thing in the hose. Turns out it was the end of the neck from the OEM radiator. The last half inch had broken off clean and was stuck in the hose. :ack:

You will Save a good amount over the year which will pay for itself...

I did Not get a chance to calculate the exact fuel savings when I did mine because I changed a bunch of things at the same time..

My MJ gets better Fuel economy then when it was stock and I am Far from stock and far heavier then Stock...

Stock is 14MPG City

Currently I get 16MPG City

However for the YJ/TJ guys the savings is around 50-70 extra KM per tank that is around 30-50 extra miles per tank but if babied the gains can be more...

MJ/XJ's are a little different so they will not be exactly the same but good enough to do it...

Edited because of misscalculation...

However for the YJ/TJ guys the savings is around 50-70 extra KM per tank that is around 80-100 extra miles per tank but if babied the gains can be more...

XJ/XJ's are a little different so they will not be exactly the same but good enough to do it...

Miles are longer than Km's. 50-70 Kms would be about 30-45 miles. I don't want to nitpick but also don't want anyone to get too excited.

However for the YJ/TJ guys the savings is around 50-70 extra KM per tank that is around 80-100 extra miles per tank but if babied the gains can be more...

XJ/XJ's are a little different so they will not be exactly the same but good enough to do it...

Miles are longer than Km's. 50-70 Kms would be about 30-45 miles. I don't want to nitpick but also don't want anyone to get too excited.

You are correct I did the calculations backawards...

I will correct my Info...

If you guys remember a year or so when I was initially building this truck, you may remember the stereo. I originally got a Clarion NX500 head unit with a flip out screen. After running this unit for a year, I have decided its a huge steaming pile of crap! First the unit would freeze on whatever current screen was up. I called Crutchfield and they sent me a new one. On the replacement unit, the navigation has never worked. It says it was seeing satellites but never really was. The bluetooth connection was worthless. Even sitting at a red light, whoever was on the other end couldnt hear anything. And if you were playing mp3s from a thumb drive each song would start about 2 to 3 seconds into the song. Nitpicky, I know, buy annoying nonetheless. Streaming bluetooth audio from my phone worked fine, as long as you only wanted mids and highs. For some reason, it would never reproduce low frequencies through bluetooth audio. Honestly, the only thing that worked flawlessly was the DVD. But seeing as how I don't really watch movies at 70mph, it wasnt enough to enjoy. Moving on to two weeks ago, I started hunting down a new nav unit. I kept seeing the pioneer units and was liking what I had read about them. Ended up ordering one.

I decided the best accesible spot that was out of the way was in the center console. It was too tall to fit in, so out came my trusty dremel.

I also changed my mind about where i had originally mounted the usb jack so I moved it as well

I know, this is just an add on nav unit that only works with pioneer head units. Well I covered that area as well. I hunted for a single DIN that I liked and only found one that was way overpriced. All of there other ones are double DIN. Sucks to have a Jeep with a din and a half. None of them will fit. Or will they?

Since I had the double DIN and I already had the dremel out, here's what happened...

What do you guys think?

Awesome, what was the box you mounted in the console?

The box in the console is the add on navigation unit (AVIC-U220). Its wired to a GPS antenna and into the back of the head unit. Its two piece with a base and the module itself. The module is removable so you can plug it into a PC for updates. It also has an SD card slot for expandable memory for added points of interest, map data, media(pictures), etc.

As soon as the radio was in, I tore the entire dash out and pulled the HVAC box. My blend door for heat and air was sticking on the heat side of things. I had ordered the stainless blend door from heater treater but didn't want to cut the box to install it. I didn't get any real pictures of the process because I was in a hurry to get it apart and back together. I knew it was inevitable to take the dash out and I had been putting off since last fall.

Now that that's done it was time to start on this.

I opened the box for the water pump and found an old pump someone had brought back. Meh, oh well. Another day maybe seeing as how Napa is closed for the weekend and I'm too tired to be mad about it.