2001 Eliminator

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asume Mike went with the JeepSticker tailgate letters. Spencer provides a great product and even better service. I have a few pics of my stickers on the tailgate in my build link in my sig.

Brett is correct. Spencer from jeepsticker sent me the reflective letters for the tailgate. They really are a quality product. I guess I really should put them on and take some pictures. I took the Jeep to work every day last week and to visit my family yesterday. It was a 100 mile round trip in 95 degree weather. Found I'm getting an average of 14mpg highway and 9mpg city, with a combined of 12mpg. The truck performed like a champ as I was hoping it would. Its enough to convince me it will make it to the trails and back just fine. As far as I'm concerned, its ready for daily driving as well as ofroad duty.

Was the dealership confused when you told them your Jeep Comanche's airbag light was on haha? Did you put the decals on the tailgate? I'm curious about the quality and finish of them

RockMJ

Ha, yeah. I had fun at the dealership. Told the service writers I needed to have the key fob programmed and I needed someone to investigate the airbag light on my truck. He said no problem, what do you have. I said an '89 Jeep Comanche. He looked at me funny and informed me that those don't have airbags. I said, Um......this one does. Not believing me he said lets take a walk, I gotta see this thing. I told him for all intensive purposes, lets pretend its a 2001 Jeep Cherokee. I explained to him what was done as he looked it over and he finally understood.

They kept it for about half the day and called me back around 3pm. Dude tells me its done and I need to hurry up and come get it. I asked why and he said all the mechanics are too busy looking it over inside and out and they're not getting any work done on anything else. After a good laugh, he congratulated me on the job I did with he conversion and explained to me that the airbag light was due to the main plug for the airbag module not being seated all the way into the socket. Man, I felt like a douche when I heard that one. After all that work and headache, I simply didn't plug a plug in fully? Oh well. Anyway, I went to pick it up and had a fun talk with most of the mechanics on shift that day.

I have a question for you guys...

does the fuel pump/sender unit has to be compressed into the tank in order for it to work?... by compressed I mean that when you put it into the tank it stays like 3 inches out and have to compress it so that you can put the ring... this is because I'm using a dakota tank and it seems that it is a little bit taller than expected and kinda looks like it doesnt compress the pump unit.

thanks in advance

Huevo83, I'm not sure I understand your question. Maybe post it in tech and more of the guys that have used the Dakota tank will see it and chime in.

The way I understand your question is the pump/float assembly is not sliding easily into the hole on the Dakota tank? If it'll go all the way in and sit flush without too much effort (hammer) then I would push it into place, screw the ring onto it, and call it a day.

Picked a little something up from the junkyard this weekend. Found them in a 96 2door XJ.

Pulled the seats out of the truck to install these little gems.

Pulled the trim off to gain access to the bolts so I could seperate the seat back from the base.

See the difference?

Finally took the truck off road. Went to a little ATV park about 30 miles away. Trails were mostly for 4-wheelers, but they had a couple that were wide enough for a Jeep. I know these arent hard core and all, and you're welcome to make fun of me. Trails that I could fit on were pretty darn easy, but still it was nice to be off of a paved road for the first time in about 6 years!!! Really, all I wanted to do was test everything out. The suspension performed great and I'm LOVING the long arms! Didnt take many photos, but here's a few of what I did get...

HEy backdraft thats a nice job!... good for you and your truck...

A question for you... what did you have to do the get the truck inspected and ready to get the license plates?

did they complain about the dashboard or VIN or something? I would appreciate any comment or suggestion since I'm trying to get mine with some new license plates and everything

thanks in advance

Not sure what they do down your way as far as titles and registration goes. But here, they never looked at my truck. I put the original VIN plate on the new dash. Showed them the title and the insurance card and they gave me plates and a registration sticker. When I got it inspected, I had to point out that it was a replacement door (bar code) and the VIN they needed to run was on the dash. I did, however, call ahead of time while I was building it. I explained to them that I was replacing the dash on my truck and wanted to know if it was OK that I swap the VIN plates to keep it all correct. Told them what year model it was, ect, etc. The woman I spoke with said that it was OK that I did that and it wouldn't be a problem. I would suggest calling the DMV and making sure what's kosher there then follow suit.

thanks... i will do that... I'm asking since I am at texas too...

thanks for the info... will keep in touch with the finish product.... haven't taken pictures of mine since a friend is doing it since I don't have time to do it myself, and thats what he does! lol

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got around to putting my stickers from Spencer at jeepsticker.com on to the tailgate. Props to Spence, these are great quality. I ordered the black reflective ones and took a couple pics of them.

Without the flash....

With the flash.....

I *think* they're 19lb/hr. They are the Bosch upgrades over stock for 99-01 XJs. They didn't have the flow rate on their ad page, but as I understand it, the orange are 19lb/hr injectors. Maybe I missed it, but here is the ad where I got them...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEST-UPGRADE-19 ... 3f0f16f8cc

The ad shows the green ones, but the ones they sent me obviously were the orange.

I just joined this forum a few hours back.... spent the last hour reading this entire thread....

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

That is one beautiful build bud! Thats a lot of hardwork, congrats to you and that sexy beast of yours!

I know you'll be enjoying her for a long time to come, well deserved!!