2001 Eliminator

The carpet was from the MJ. It is black carpet that is not original. Looks like it may have come from jc whitney.

Mike

does it fit well with the floor of the XJ ??

I am putting seat from a 1998 XJ with the floor bracket

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rear is SOA. The front is rubicon express 4.5 springs and rubicon express fixed lcas. The fenders need some trimming to clear 33s.

Shameless plug.....the lcas will be for sale! Very good condition.

Mike

I thought id toss up some teaser pics. won't get a chance to do anything with the MJ for another week or so. I laid the bushwhackers against the truck to get an idea of what they would look like.

Mike

Everything from the XJ will be going into the MJ. I was lucky enough to score a D44 in the rear when I picked it up. It was torn down and rebuilt with an Auburn Gear limited slip carrier, Yukon Gear 4.56 gears, ZJ disc brake upgrade, and SOA. II'll try to remember to get some pics of it soon.

Anyway, the ensuing teardown commences.

---Ah...What damage a bad grommet can cause. I feel for ya, Exact same scenario on my 88 ....Whats stared out as a "tiny bit of rust and small quarter sized rust hole" that i set out to fix,just as a quik repair .....Ended up being a huge 2 month reair and entailed me buying a smalll welder & sheet metal and several trips to home depot & trying to find someone who carried POR15. From the bottom it looked so innocent lol .....once i took everything out,it looked exactly like yours.

Houston, we have a problem.

Alright guys and gals, time for a few updates of the progress so far.

I finally got some time to get the long arms installed and start working on the bushwhackers. My shocks also finally came in as well as some other little odds and ends.

Getting started with the crossmember/skid under the truck.

The exterior brace for the crossmember.

Crossmember/skid installed

Drivers side LCA in.

And in.

I only had an oxy/acet torch to get the oem lca mounts cut off with. My angle grinder took a dump and i was out of sawzall blades. I plan to carry it to a welding shope and let them clean those mounts up for me.

Mike

Also got the rear bushwhackers on.

I started on the front bushwhackers and got to the point of drilling the holes until the bit caught just right and pulled itself through before I could react. The result was punching a hole into the windshield washer reservoir. After I pulled my head out of my butt I figured it was a good time to stop. Oh well, I guess the fender wanted to come off one more time!

Mike

I also installed Bilstein 5100s in the front and 5125s in the rear. Installed JKS quicker disconnects, YJ front brake lines, as well as a pair of 1.75 inch coil spacers. The spacers seemed to have done a perfect job of leveling the truck out. After installing the disconnects, I believe my swaybar is bent. The drivers side is about an inch higher than the passenger side. It looks like its time for another run to the junkyard to pick up a V8 ZJ swaybar for a little upgrade. And I'm waiting for another little surprise from UPS. Should be here tomorrow.

Mike

I almost forgot and jinxed the whole thing!

Todays progress was proudly brought to you by Hawaiis own Kona Brewing Companys Longboard Lager.

Went to Hawaii last summer and this stuff was everywhere. In 10 days, I must have had 5 gallons of it. And as luck would have it, my local beer supply has recently started stocking it.

Ok, back to the build.

Mike

How much is involved installing the bushwackers? I've though about adding some or the flat style flares, but 2 things have stopped me. The first being cost and the second is my wheel backspacing. The flares would stick out a lot further than my tires.

And todays Installation was brought to you by Breckenridge Small Batch 471!

Exxon, the beer sponsership was your idea. I figured since we are both in texas and both like good beer, I'd toss up a flag for you. Glad you noticed and commented!

Brett, That compressor is a Husky 30 gallon oiless. And I'm starting to agree with you. I was skeptical at first, but now that iI see the Bushwhackers on the Comanche, I really like the look of them.

Ryan, The install is easy and really straightfoward. They include instructions to idiotproof it. But really all you have to do is trim the wheel well a little bit, set the flare up against the body, mark the holes, drill them, and install. They come with a rubber self adhesive trim/weatherstripping that you have to put on the flare itself, but its cake. As you can see from the pics, I put masking tape along the fender, and used a screwdriver to mark the holes by scratching the tape in the appropriate spots, then drilled, then removed the tape. Hope that explains it.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Nice....

Your practically building my truck All you need now to be almost the same is a cowl hood...

I was going to wait till I found a 00 or 01 but got a great deal on my 98 donor truck...

I do plan on building another one in the future but that will be down the road as My 4.7L Supercharged Stroker engine is next...

Nice....

Your practically building my truck All you need now to be almost the same is a cowl hood...

I was going to wait till I found a 00 or 01 but got a great deal on my 98 donor truck...

I do plan on building another one in the future but that will be down the road as My 4.7L Supercharged Stroker engine is next...

lol i was going to mention this, and by the time i got to the bottom of the page, i noticed you already beat me to it :P

Nice....

lol i was going to mention this, and by the time i got to the bottom of the page, i noticed you already beat me to it :P

Wow, how bout that. My truck has a twin out there! You have nice looking truck, and good taste....lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Well folks, I guess it's time to make a few updates.

Replaced the rusted chrome lugnuts with black gorilla nuts.

Safelite came out and replaced the old windshield.

97+ rubber trim installed