H3RESQ's Dream MJ, the build continues...

Looks great! :cheers:

Thanks, I'm stoked on this truck. Should get to the rear bumper gaurds by next week. My winch line came in today. Should have that on tonight! Might be ready before Memorial day, so hope to hit Tahuya with a couple buddies that are planning the 14th.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice protection, but from the front and rear bumpers having sharp edges the tubing just doesnt flow wih them

I agree....but I'm not done yet. If you read above, I am tubing the rear bumper as well. I am in a mind arguement with myself on the front bumper. I'm not sure if I'm going to replace it or modify it. The front bumper is just plain and boring......we will see.

nice protection, but from the front and rear bumpers having sharp edges the tubing just doesnt flow wih them

Damn!Gunna have to rip it off and go with square tubing. :wall:

HaHa....square, not a chance. :cheers:

I agree....but I'm not done yet. If you read above, I am tubing the rear bumper as well. I am in a mind arguement with myself on the front bumper. I'm not sure if I'm going to replace it or modify it. The front bumper is just plain and boring......we will see.

Yes adding something would be ok I like it the way it looks now too.If you sell it let me know see what I can do.

Well its not much of a place to wheel but ran up to Tahuya today to at least get a feel for the MJ. I'm pretty happy with it overall. I have more room in the rear for uptravel, So I'll shorten the rear bumpstops I put in. Eventually I'll lower the rig about 1.5 inches by removing the ACOS spacers and adding air bumps. In the rear I'll go with a shorter spring perch and a shackle relocation. It will need an anti-rock as well.

Here are some pictures of Luke and I making the most of our Easter afternoon.

Airing down...

One of the small rock sections on the trails...

A little spot to check the flex...

and airing back up...

Lookin great Jason! It's hard for me to get on here and see the Manche. Looks like you're doing a great job with it. :thumbsup: How'd you like wheelin it?

Love the truck, can't wait to wheel it more. I feel ya Korie, its tough when ya sell a rig to see it after.

Cheers

Got to the rear bumpers tube work today. Not to many pictures of actual work, was busy doing the work. Got some pics of the welding (my weak point, thank goodness for some friends that are great welders)

Here is the finished bumper.

Now I gotta figure out if I'm going to leave the front bumper alone or build a new one before I send it all to powdercoat.

Thanks guys!

So got on a ramp today and used a tape measure. I shortened my rear bumps to proper length. The front is currently as I got it and bumped by the shocks. I took measurements for front and will hopefully get some bumps set up for it next week. I forgot to take pictures when I ramped it forward, but here is a couple of it backed up the ramp.

Going out to Elbi tomorrow for some fun. Looks like good weather and rig is ready for some more action.

Went up to Elbi yesterday. Ran Gotcha, Mainline, Rainervista, Alder loop, and the mainline extension. Good day, no body damage(couple spots bed was within a inch of damage though) Nobody had any breaks, although I trashed my gas tank and it almost fell out! I had been contemplating if I was going to build a skid or do a fuel cell so had done neither yet. I think I'm going fuel cell since I really don't like the tank location and how far down it hangs.

Here are a couple pictures, by co-pilot John took some too and I might get those and post them later.

This was my truck loaded on way home. Four military guys were out for a ride and one got cut off and went down. He was sore but ok. We gave the guy and his bike a ride home to the Fort Lewis East gate on way back to Oly.

So got the check engine light yesterday. 0420, catalytic converter. It motivated me to go ahead and do the whole exhaust over. the crossover behind oil pan hung to low, as well as the muffler. This motivated me to get it done now instead of later, I can't stand a check engine light on. This also gave me a chance to go with not as loud a muffler and extend the pipe out the back rather than exiting at rear axle.

Part of the old exhaust..

The new crossover from headers going behind oil pan.

New cat, muffler, and tailpipe.

Also took a couple pictures of the gas tank to show the damage from my last outing. I'll be deciding on fuel cell or skid on tank and trying to raise it a little. I'll get to the tank this weekend if I go that route, if not i'll get the fuel cell ordered. If I go fuel cell route it will be in the back of truck with a skid built. I'll probably use a TJ gas filler and work it into the back area of bed in 10g body protection just above tube work on bumper. I really want to raise the tank and skid it because I like keeping the factory filler. If I do the fuel cell it means bodywork and paint because I don't want to keep the factory door showing if its not used.

Opinions?

Tank...

Image Not Found

use a skid and keep it all stock capacity. and save the body work. :thumbsup:

I should also point out my leading factor on a cell is getting more fuel capacity. I only get 200miles to a tank currently and want/need more, or I will have to bring jerry cans for some adventures

I've toyed with the idea of making a secondary tank for the space where the spare goes. Use a transfer pump out of a Ford or Land Cruiser or similar to feed the stock pump from the auxiliary pump.

Make a swing away for the spare on the rear bumper.

JAT

thats in the recent plans for add ons on mine, the gas tank skid, just finished my rear corners. :yes:

how did you tie in the rear rocker slides, just all on the bumper and bolt on bumper or weld to the frame for reinforcement? A pic maybe if you could, trying to figure how to add a tube under my corner guards with out going up out or past them like you have. which i do in deed like, but bed coming off later so not trying to get to carried away with the tube now.

I should also point out my leading factor on a cell is getting more fuel capacity. I only get 200miles to a tank currently and want/need more, or I will have to bring jerry cans for some adventures

200 miles?what size tank?stockers are 23gal in a longbed right?

200 miles?what size tank?stockers are 23gal in a longbed right?

yeah 200 miles is about right for his setup, I be happy to get that with mine :clapping: