Damned bumper stickers.

Dechion

A quick question for you knowledgeable folks.

The PO decided to put bumper stickers on the back of my Jeep, right on the paint instead of the bumper or the back widow. :fs1:

Anyone have experience with some of the various removers, solvents, techniques, and/or swear words involved in removing them without destroying the paint? I have enough rust problems as it is without asking for more.

Thanks,

Brad

Get a stripe eraser.... its like a giant round pencil eraser that mounts in your drill, your turn your drill on, and just rub the sticker off.... great for bigger jobs, but for small jobs its good too... saves a bunch of hassel. They can be had at most parts stores or even walmart I think. I think too there a write up about using this in the DIY section.

Get a stripe eraser.... its like a giant round pencil eraser that mounts in your drill, your turn your drill on, and just rub the sticker off.... great for bigger jobs, but for small jobs its good too... saves a bunch of hassel. They can be had at most parts stores or even walmart I think. I think too there a write up about using this in the DIY section.

My uncle owns a body shop and that is what they use.

I use Zylene, its kinda hard to find but works amazing for me. I don't think that it hurts the paint but mine is already messed up so I can't realy tell.

I work for a city maintaining the Fleet... And its changeover time. On top of the removal of all the old police equipment, I have to remove a full decal package from headlight to tail light on our squads.

I use a heat gun, and a piece of fan blade I cut out of an electric fan to get an edge. I pick up the edge, keep the heat gun a bit ahead of me, and run with it. Sometimes the old adhesive doesn't come off, and I use this to get it off:

http://www.idealtruevalue.com/servlet/the-2113/Detail

405-051135-0894.jpg

3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner.

Its strong stuff, but its safe for the paint. As an example, we had a car that was due for auction in September, and it got tagged in our lot around November, the year before. We left it. As it turns out, that was a bad idea. Green spray paint all over white paint. Dry, sunbaked, and solid. I gave the bottle of 3M stuff to a community service guy doing some time with us, and told him to get hot.

Even with liberal application, soaking, scrubbing, and LOTS AND LOTS of elbow grease, the stuff was strong enough to help break the spray paint, but NEVER softened up the White.

I think we get it at NAPA, and would most likely be able to be ordered at any auto parts stores.

Rob L. :cheers:

I think Goo Gone is xylene.

No, it's all-natural citrus acid and extracts. Harmless to paint. But it has to sit and work for awhile to be effective. It's also great to shoot a couple of squirts into your beer for a nice fruity flavor. MJeff told me about using it when he couldn't find any Bud Lime.

Hair dryer and WD40.

X2, a little heat to make the sticker flixible, spray some wd40 on it and peel up with you fingers or credit card. ive used the goo gone and it was so-so, everybody has wd40 layin around

I $#!&-canned all of my WD40 when I discovered pb blaster...which also works.

I think Goo Gone is xylene.

No, it's all-natural citrus acid and extracts. Harmless to paint. But it has to sit and work for awhile to be effective. It's also great to shoot a couple of squirts into your beer for a nice fruity flavor. MJeff told me about using it when he couldn't find any Bud Lime.

o-boy