Project "Eliminator"

• 1 month later...

Hu... we should really meet up sometime. It's a four hour drive for me to get up to Gilbert, and three hours to get over to Dresser. Kind of late in the season though... any plans for anything else before winter?

Hu... we should really meet up sometime. It's a four hour drive for me to get up to Gilbert, and three hours to get over to Dresser. Kind of late in the season though... any plans for anything else before winter?

sadly, no.  in the near future, I'm ripping everything off the jeep and plating the unibody.  also have some other things planned for the winter.  i guess i didnt realize/remember how close-ish you are.  

Actually I'm not all that close, but I like a good road trip. I'm way on the other side of the state from where all the good stuff is. The group I've been wheeling with have tossed around the idea of some winter wheeling though. How long you figure the ol' Elim' will be out of commission?

How have the joints in your front four link been holding up? Been doing a little bit of reading on forged rod ends and then I notice that you used heims for the rear. What are your opinions on rod ends, longevity, and performance?

168961d0a22fc39589db065cb21c99cf.jpg

I just read the last 10 pages of your build thread. It looks very nice. I am still reading farther back to see a couple things like how exactly you built the front 4 link and how far you limited the front travel with the limit straps. I will be doing limit straps soon before a break a shock so wondering about that. I have also been pondering a rear 4 link as well so nice to see someone else did it.

Looks awesome, keep up the good work. nice tube work on the cage as well.

• 1 month later...