For the XJ dudes ....

webbjeepxj

http://stores.hi-potek.com/-strse-1/Chrysler-Dodge-Mopar-/Detail.bok

Found this, looks cool. Id love to have a drain plug on my diff covers. Pulling them is a pest, not that its done often, but anyhow.

Hmm, I suppose that would come in handy. My old XJ made it 300K on the stock diff just topping off when needed... never actually took the cover off :eek:

....then it turtled.

:eek: a bit much for a stock diff cover huh? Why not go beefy at the same price? check these bad boys I got them on on my truck and love the looks and how storonge they are. http://www.solidaxle.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=7

Brandon

The original link was to a diff. cover with a drain plug - handy for not having to remove the cover to change the fluid.

Or just get a heavy duty cover that has a drain plug in it anyways for a few bucks more.

g2d44.jpg

I like that one but I think there like 150 :( I would much rather re do the gasket every time I changed the gear oil, with a $5 tube of RTV then pay 2 times as much for a cover. And don't you only have to change the gear oil ever 60,000 miles any ways?

Brandon

I like that one but I think there like 150 :( I would much rather re do the gasket every time I changed the gear oil, with a $5 tube of RTV then pay 2 times as much for a cover. And don't you only have to change the gear oil ever 60,000 miles any ways?

Brandon

Actually they are just at $100.

We change our gear oil everytime after we go wheeling if our Jeep see's any water/mud. Having the drain plug means we never have to pull the cover off the axle housing.

The ARB covers also have a drain plug; but they are closer to the $175 mark.

omg every time you go in mud or water? I understand that you have a chance of getting some water or dirt in there but the seal should be good enough to stop any water or dirt. or at least you would hope so... If I did that I would have to change it every other day

Brandon

For any potential buyers: Richard at HiPoTek is a fantastic seller. I bought a set of aluminum billet fuel rails from him for my 5.9L ZJ build and I asked to have them modified for a custom design I wanted and he did it for a mere 10 additional bucks. He shipped the parts promptly and even realized that he forgot to include some bracketry in the original package and shipped those out ASAP. Great seller to deal with and I would definitely do business with him again.

omg every time you go in mud or water? I understand that you have a chance of getting some water or dirt in there but the seal should be good enough to stop any water or dirt. or at least you would hope so... If I did that I would have to change it every other day

Brandon

Its different when you have a trussed axle, lockers, gears, etc. If you neglect those you just dumped some money down the drain.

:agree:

it's one thing going through some puddles, but if anything like me, I love river crossings and going in deep water, and deeper the water the more pressure that the water puts on your seals and always best to check or change your fluids after such outings. :thumbsup:

:agree:

it's one thing going through some puddles, but if anything like me, I love river crossings and going in deep water, and deeper the water the more pressure that the water puts on your seals and always best to check or change your fluids after such outings. :thumbsup:

Yup, and if you have a clean receptacle you can drain it, inspect it, and pump it right back in.