Wheel Questions

• 3 weeks later...

I'm stumped on tires, wheels etc.

I'm putting 3" f/r lift on my 86 custom 4x4

I'm told 32" 10" wide tires

The rim width and backspacing confuses me. I have stock steel wheels . don't know the size. Woundering if I can use them?

I'd like to make the tires look wider, hang out the fenders a bit so it looks right. Then, will my 140 ci 4 cyl have enough power for daily driving?

Thanks

Grant

I wouldn't go bigger than 31s for a 4banger running stock gears. you will notice the power loss.

and yes, you can use your stock rims with those,unless you have the rare 15x6 steel rims. a photo showing the rims would help us determine which they are.

with a 3" lift you can go with aftermarket rims that'll stick the tires out a bit. I'd go with 15x8s with 4.5" of backspacing.

Ended up going with some Black Rock Wheels. Quadratec had the best price shipped for these:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92613_10XX_B_PG.htm

Got 15X8s with 3 3/4 BS.

Those are pretty nice, but you can get cragars for 10 bucks less a wheel, an I think they look better also :thumbsup:

http://www.summitracing.com/search/bran ... toview=SKU

cool,

my last question then is the backspacing. stock call for 5.5" if I go 4.5 " then the stick out of the wheel wells further right? 3.5 would be even more?

maybe even go to a bigger wheel like 5x4.5 17x8 4.50 ?

what would that do? a little less tire but the same overall size?

cool,

my last question then is the backspacing. stock call for 5.5" if I go 4.5 " then the stick out of the wheel wells further right? 3.5 would be even more?

maybe even go to a bigger wheel like 5x4.5 17x8 4.50 ?

what would that do? a little less tire but the same overall size?

I think I'm going to go with the Black Rock Blade series 975 15x8 4 3/4 with t he 31" Genneral Grabber AT2 tires. I think it will look cool. The wheels are about $60.00 Tires locally about $125.00 Need to buy 2 anyway so it looks like the time.

yes, the smaller the backspacing number, the more the tires will push out the side. anything past 4" and you're probably going to have tire in your fender when turning.

and yes, the wheel size can increase all you want and as long as the backspacing and outer tire diameter remain constant, everything will work the same. :thumbsup: