KJ renegade Lightbar on an MJ

Alright guys I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find anything on putting a liberty renegade lightbar on a Cherokee or a Comanche... I've seen a picture of t done and it was the most bada55 looking lightbar IMO... It's low profile and seemed to fit like a glove except I have no idea how it was mounted... Anybody have pictures or a link!

Thanks in advance!

how well does it fit the roof contour? or do you just suck it down with the screws?

it fits pretty well, the ends do pop up a little but it is not very noticeable. the bottom base gets sucked down by the screws but the cover is what sticks up a little bit.

here is a little closer pic but at this angle you cannot see the little part that isn't contoured to the roof.

And now, where to find the lightbar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-LIB ... ccessories

I would wait it out for a used one. I got mine from LKQ on ebay. payed 300 shipped, still a bit much for lights but I wanted them. just use this link and make a bookmark for it and check it every once in a while. it filters out the crappy Hong Kong made light bar you strap on with 2 sided tape and run the wires through the door :ack:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... Categories

Wow that Looks amazing do you have any pic's of what the back looks like?

Brandon

best pic from the back I have:

How much did those liberty lights cost you

I watched ebay for a while and found a buy it now for 300 shipped. it didn't come with the light covers but the fuzz hasnt said anything yet. and for what its worth the wire connector they use is the same wire connector as a 10 blade electric fan for a Cherokee so I snagged one from a junk yard for the wiring I had to add to it.

How much did those liberty lights cost you
I got mine from LKQ on ebay. payed 300 shipped, still a bit much for lights but I wanted them.

Wow that really looks amazing man I stopped by my JY in town after learning of this and they just sold one for 100 out the door :eek: So this is now on my wish list!

Brandon

I'm defff going to the junkyard tomorrow! If you could please please please give us a little more info on how you fabbed it up? It looks awesome jamminz.gif

I laid the base on the roof and centered it where I wanted. I marked the mounting holes, I think there are 6 and I may have added one or two to give it a better hold. then I drilled the holes and put some nutserts I got from monsterfastener.com

pretty sure these are them:

http://monsterfastener.com/itemview.aspx?itm=BNIS-053

I used these screws (again I'm pretty sure but not positive)

http://monsterfastener.com/itemview.aspx?itm=SCSS-201

then I picked up some locking washers and regular washers at Lowes or Home Depot

I used the rivet gun I got from harbor freight

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-in-1-riv ... 94100.html comes with aluminum rivnuts, don't use them because the metals aluminum will not like the steel.

and I used a sealant just to make sure it didn't leak.

I also drilled a hole for the wiring. I had a door pin wiring harness from a mid 90s Cherokee I picked up at the junkyard thinking I could replace mine but it would not fit. but the grommet was a nice size so I cut the wire and used the grommet.

that is all I did to mount the lights.

for wiring I used some 12 gauge wire I got at Walmart. a plug from a 10 blade electric fan from a Cherokee. and I re purposed a hacked up relay center from a 97+ cherokee.

I soldered and put heat shrink on the plug to the wires and grounded it near the kick panel. ran the power through the firewall through a grommet and hooked up up to a relay

powered the relay from my blue seas fuse block

ran the relay trigger wire inside and hooked it up to a factory fog light switch I snagged from the junk yard.

any questions? requests for pictures? just let me know.

Whats the light rating on the Renegade bar? I can't find in anywhere....

I can't imagine it would be more than, or equal to an aftermarket offroad light like the Autopal's I linked to earlier. It may look prettier, but what about function....

Whats the light rating on the Renegade bar? I can't find in anywhere....

I can't imagine it would be more than, or equal to an aftermarket offroad light like the Autopal's I linked to earlier. It may look prettier, but what about function....

looking through Google real quick I found another thread discussing it. the bulbs 9006 bulbs and are 51 watts each. they are Hella brand lights that were custom made for the renegade.

• 2 weeks later...