Sprucing up the MJ

KYMJ

Had this for quite awhile, but have no plans to buy another non-MJ vehicle for another year or two. So sprucing up a little. Painted the front bumper this weekend and finally added buckets. Great seats! Already had the matching door panels. Console to follow, along with a little paint touch up and black fender flares. Possibly black paint along the bottom of the body. Figured this was the most appropriate place, even though it's not a new project.

Put the buckets in yesterday. I'm goint to paint and install the fender I've needed since I've owned the truck, found the fender last year at the pull a part. About time I did that.

The day I bought it, it was only suppose to be an engine donor for my 4x4, been driving it ever since:

The latest pic:

The next tires will be mounted on the ten spokes(maybe 5000 more miles), that will be a project this fall, although they are not bad and may suit as they sit.

One Baltic Blue fender(formerly green) to install when I get time.

Image Not Found

To replace this:

Won't have the stripes, so I may be removing the rest of the Pioneer stripes. What kind of mess will I have?

Fender mounted. I really like the black flares. My door has been sagging alot more lately and I noticed the door fix write up several months ago and knew it was a matter of time. When I took off the fender, the door hinge was hanging by a thread. So, perfect time to fix it. Now to deal with the Pioneer stripes and faded paint on the rest of the truck.

Image Not Found

Cutting out metal to do door repair:

Image Not Found

Hinge repaired, (great write up in DIY), although I had some tweaking to do for my door. I had to make some shims for behing the hinge for the door to hang right:

Image Not Found

Comanche badge looks crooked in the pic, :mad:

Opinions? Experimenting with the 10 spokes. Painted one today with Duplicolor. Would have preferred not painting, but not sure how I will get out the imperfections, and it does look pretty good. Would have preferred a restoration, but not the dollars or time.

Image Not Found

• 2 weeks later...
Had this for quite awhile, but have no plans to buy another non-MJ vehicle for another year or two. So sprucing up a little. Painted the front bumper this weekend and finally added buckets. Great seats! Already had the matching door panels. Console to follow, along with a little paint touch up and black fender flares. Possibly black paint along the bottom of the body. Figured this was the most appropriate place, even though it's not a new project.

Thanks alot,

now I'll never be satisfied with my plain jane 'puke & wipe' full vinyl door panels again.

The cloth insert panels really make that interior look good & compliment the seats. :cheers:

Thanks! I actually bought those years ago at the PAP and never figured out why, now I know. :clapping: Besides the speaker grills look better.

Also, all the turbine wheels are painted and awaiting tires, which should be sometimes this spring.

I've since removed the seat covers and wash them in the washing machine, thanks to the DIY writup, a time consuming task. I was able to do it at work, when I worked a 48 hour double shift at the Fire Dept. :D

I let a perfect 4x4 donor slip away from my grasp due to work and the fact that it was going to the junkyard that day. Guess that will have to wait.

• 6 months later...
Gosh I love those ten spokes! Favorite jeep wheel ever made! Run them, or send them to me.

I will be come new tire time. These Yokohamas last forever, I expected to replace them this spring. Too good to throw out, not worth changing over the wheels yet. Actually, I was hoping to have this thing converted to 4x4 by now and get mud tires.