Comanche topper picture for reference.

I thought I would post up my topper I picked up dirt cheap, painted and installed on the truck for the winter. It is a Guidon Renegade 2. I liked all the windows. It was supposed to be flat black, but I don't think they added enough flattner :???: . It still turned out good for a budget project.

Image Not Found

Sorry, no side views at this time. I got mine new but it didn't fit other trucks and had been sitting on the lot for over a year. The owner dropped the price by 2/3 rd's. It is slightly wide but overall I'm happy with it. The purpose was strictly to be able to transport my two dogs. I really dig the way yours turned out. Fiberglass is definitely a step up from my aluminum shell.

Well...yes it was just for reference, but my inspiration for posting was that I remembered coming across a topper thread awhile back, but couldn't find it when searching on here for topper pictures for our trucks. I used the keywords in the title so when future members search it, they might find it. If people want to post up their topper/camper shells on this thread all the better jamminz.gif . I love this club, because we all have the same truck, but put our own inspiration into it. If you have a picture of a topper on a comanche by all means post it up. I keep a generator in the back of my truck in case the power goes out in the winter, and was tired of my bed being full of snow. So I am now a seasonal topper owner :dunno: . Now that I have it.....I like it :thumbsup: .

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!. I know the search is a skill to learn on here, but for all these years I have never fully figured it out. I know it is not the site, and that it is me, but hopefully when a seasoned noob like me keys in some reference to toppers this thread pops up :thumbsup: .

Those softtoppers are neat looking, but don't they create blind spots? I know I have enough trouble seeing out of the factory mirrors to merge, change lanes, or park as it is... can't exactly glance over your shoulder to look if there's solid canvas. :(

This is NOT a Snugtop shell/topper. Snugtop used only one handle, mounted in the center of the back (not 2). The windows also show this is not a Snugtop shell. Snugtop windows are rectangular, with 4 90 degree corners. The windows on this shell are parallelograms, not rectangles. Snugtop shells also have a serial number on the tailgate/rear window on the lower right. And a Snugtop shell has a wide decal on the rear glass that says "SNUGTOP".

This shell does look like it was built for the Comanche.

My 91 Big Ton truck has an original Snugtop shell with the original Snugtop sales receipt in my documentation.

Let me know if you want me to post a picture. Don't know about space for a factory bed light, but the Snubtop has a light just above the rear door. Mine is hooked up.

Do like the lumber rack over the shell. Thought one built out of aluminum would be the best thing for the Comanche Have not need one - any amount of lumber I have needed to haul fits in the bed and just past the tailgate ( 8 or 10 feet long. Also can stuff longer lumber in by using the cab rear window to add another 3 or 4 feet for lumber (into the cab area).

Have not tried putting 4 x 8 sheets of drywall in the Comanche, but the previous owner was a drywall installer and used the truck to haul drywall. Hence the extra two leafs added to the factory Big Ton package. Yes, it rides like a truck!

John Jackson

44863_142282232475939_100000824882082_189613_6470423_n.jpg

38914_136892183014944_100000824882082_170785_188824_n.jpg

MJ original. I believe its a snug top. Has a gasket between the topper and cab so you can open the slider up and its still weather tight.

Rob L.

This is NOT a Snugtop shell/topper. Snugtop used only one handle, mounted in the center of the back (not 2). The windows also show this is not a Snugtop shell. Snugtop windows are rectangular, with 4 90 degree corners. The windows on this shell are parallelograms, not rectangles. Snugtop shells also have a serial number on the tailgate/rear window on the lower right. And a Snugtop shell has a wide decal on the rear glass that says "SNUGTOP".

:headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop:

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Come off a little harsh there. Now its time for the lesson.

JUST BECAUSE IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE YOUR SNUGTOP, DOES NOT MEAN IT ISN'T ONE.

Fresh from the presses.

75300_158959630808199_100000824882082_257717_4033001_n.jpg

36175_158959747474854_100000824882082_257718_7064704_n.jpg

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Rob L. :rant:

This was on mine when I bought i,t was bought when the truck was new nice well made cap Leer contractor type but did not suit me so I bought another of a MJ at the yard sorry no picks its no off the truck. Finally found a correct bed cover tarp so the caps are piling up out back.

Image Not Found

My 91 Big Ton truck has an original Snugtop shell with the original Snugtop sales receipt in my documentation.

Let me know if you want me to post a picture. Don't know about space for a factory bed light, but the Snubtop has a light just above the rear door. Mine is hooked up.

Do like the lumber rack over the shell. Thought one built out of aluminum would be the best thing for the Comanche Have not need one - any amount of lumber I have needed to haul fits in the bed and just past the tailgate ( 8 or 10 feet long. Also can stuff longer lumber in by using the cab rear window to add another 3 or 4 feet for lumber (into the cab area).

Have not tried putting 4 x 8 sheets of drywall in the Comanche, but the previous owner was a drywall installer and used the truck to haul drywall. Hence the extra two leafs added to the factory Big Ton package. Yes, it rides like a truck!

John Jackson

And... since this frosty Miller took my edge off, I can address the non-attitude filled part of your post.

Nope, on my snugtop, it does not look like they made a provision for a cargo light if you have one... Definitely wouldn't seal with one in place.

The rack was custom made in Cali, where the truck is from. A welding outfit made it up so it would fit over the topper. Its made of steel, but its relatively light, and strong.

My truck also, is a Metric Ton from factory. It also has an extra set of helpers, on top of the additional strength of the Metric Ton springs.

39229_136891773014985_100000824882082_170782_4180747_n.jpg

Post up pics of your topper if you would like. I would be interested to see what changed from my 1987 Snugtop to your 1991 Snugtop.

Rob L.

Actually don't smoke. Never got too excited about it in the 1960s. Much more interested in women. Lots of them didn't smoke. Still... Lots of good women....But did vote for Prop 19 today. (Legalize, tax MaryJane). Let's see the feds toss 38 million people in Calif. into jail. May get my nephew to sell some stuff to us, just for the hell of it. Problem is he raises high end stuff and I am a cheap fellow.

Did not mean to come across harsh. Just trying to be as factual as possible. Love the photo of the Snugtop tag.

Have to also say, I noticed the top lines of your shell, they are exactly the same as my Snugtop. Also aware that a saw could be used to make different window cuts.

Also would love to have the dual handle rear door/window. Think I will call Snugtop this week or next week to see about that.

Need to talk to them about a fiberglass repair just above the inside light fixture. Crack is getting longer.

Guess, I should look at the Snugtop literature. Also had a Snugtop on my1990 Mazda B2200, still the single center door latch.

John Jackson

:headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop:

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Come off a little harsh there. Now its time for the lesson.

JUST BECAUSE IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE YOUR SNUGTOP, DOES NOT MEAN IT ISN'T ONE.

Fresh from the presses.

75300_158959630808199_100000824882082_257717_4033001_n.jpg

36175_158959747474854_100000824882082_257718_7064704_n.jpg

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Rob L. :rant:

Actually don't smoke. Never got too excited about it in the 1960s. Much more interested in women. Lots of them didn't smoke. Still... Lots of good women....But did vote for Prop 19 today. (Legalize, tax MaryJane). Let's see the feds toss 38 million people in Calif. into jail. May get my nephew to sell some stuff to us, just for the hell of it. Problem is he raises high end stuff and I am a cheap fellow.

Did not mean to come across harsh. Just trying to be as factual as possible. Love the photo of the Snugtop tag.

Have to also say, I noticed the top lines of your shell, they are exactly the same as my Snugtop. Also aware that a saw could be used to make different window cuts.

Also would love to have the dual handle rear door/window. Think I will call Snugtop this week or next week to see about that.

Need to talk to them about a fiberglass repair just above the inside light fixture. Crack is getting longer.

Guess, I should look at the Snugtop literature. Also had a Snugtop on my1990 Mazda B2200, still the single center door latch.

John Jackson

No offense taken... Just sounded a bit, harsh. Yeah. I like the top a lot. I bet they kept the same shell, but changed the look and the style as the times changed over 6 years, or possibly depending on the availability of such and such windows. I've never used it, but plan on taking full advantage of it when I finally get it out camping/wheeling... I would like to make some sort of stand for it though, so I could leave it behind at the campsite when I wheel.

I can take pics of the inside of my hatch if you would like... I bet the dual latch would be easy to duplicate with the parts on hand.

As for the reefer vote... Make it legal, tax the bajezus out of it. Make some revenue.

Rob L.