Comanche topper picture for reference.

Camera is in Italy till Nov. 4,at 9 p. m. Pacific time. Should be able to post fresh pictures over the weekend. Unless Anita has other suggestions/instructions.

Really interested in that double locking rear gate.. Will have to talk to SnugTop about it. Factory is only in the L.A area - just about 100 miles away. Can stay at my parents old home and go there on a Monday. Or even better, have the GF do the Monday duty while I go to work and make some $$. The single handle gate is crap.

Do you know if your shell is from 1987? Will have to look at the number on my shell.

Actually not talking about a factor cargo bed light.

Intend to be a "in the shell" light at the rear door

Make sense?

My 91 Big Ton truck has an original Snugtop shell with the original Snugtop sales receipt in my documentation.

Let me know if you want me to post a picture. Don't know about space for a factory bed light, but the Snubtop has a light just above the rear door. Mine is hooked up.

Do like the lumber rack over the shell. Thought one built out of aluminum would be the best thing for the Comanche Have not need one - any amount of lumber I have needed to haul fits in the bed and just past the tailgate ( 8 or 10 feet long. Also can stuff longer lumber in by using the cab rear window to add another 3 or 4 feet for lumber (into the cab area).

Have not tried putting 4 x 8 sheets of drywall in the Comanche, but the previous owner was a drywall installer and used the truck to haul drywall. Hence the extra two leafs added to the factory Big Ton package. Yes, it rides like a truck!

John Jackson

And... since this frosty Miller took my edge off, I can address the non-attitude filled part of your post.

Nope, on my snugtop, it does not look like they made a provision for a cargo light if you have one... Definitely wouldn't seal with one in place.

The rack was custom made in Cali, where the truck is from. A welding outfit made it up so it would fit over the topper. Its made of steel, but its relatively light, and strong.

My truck also, is a Metric Ton from factory. It also has an extra set of helpers, on top of the additional strength of the Metric Ton springs.

39229_136891773014985_100000824882082_170782_4180747_n.jpg

Post up pics of your topper if you would like. I would be interested to see what changed from my 1987 Snugtop to your 1991 Snugtop.

Rob L.