Slider Rear Window

Well, being an idiot I shattered my rear window. I have a solid but would really like a slider glass. The glass place says they do not make the slider glass for the Comanche which I know is a lie. Where should I try to get it?

Why do you think this is a lie? There are some aftermarket rear sliders available that will (sort of) fit a Comanche if you replace the entire window, but the glass for the actual factory slider hasn't been available for years.

You guys are awesome!

My '87 MJ has the factory slider glass and it is still intact. You might try finding an auto glass shop in your area...or go here:

http://www.windshields.com/default.aspx

Put in your Comanche info and zip code for auto glass dealers in your area.

Larry

Thanks! Looking into it.

where are you located?

I have four complete 3 pane FACTORY sliding rear windows. complete with the frame, 3 panes, and latch...

I live in Maryland, I would love to buy one if shipping isn't horrendous. Let me know what you want shipped to 20685.

I bought mine here:

http://www.glasswarepro.com/2221482-ite ... l#-2221482

Looks like they have 12 in stock. Its an after market piece. Doesn't fit as good as factory, but it works and the opening is pretty big. I'm happy with mine.

Thanks, I may go with that one if I can't get a factory.

Or that one, thanks.

Well, being an idiot I shattered my rear window. I have a solid but would really like a slider glass. The glass place says they do not make the slider glass for the Comanche which I know is a lie. Where should I try to get it?

Why do you think this is a lie? There are some aftermarket rear sliders available that will (sort of) fit a Comanche if you replace the entire window, but the glass for the actual factory slider hasn't been available for years.

Well, I should be more specific. They told me my truck never came with sliders and I have seen them on the road and online. Didn't think that they might only discontinue the slider and leave the solid but I guess that is what happened.

ive got a plexi one too :D but the a-hole before me screwed it in, instead of well,,,, ANY OTHER WAY! lol sucks too cause i always reach to open it.

and JeepcoMJ, on mine the slider its self broke. the outer two panes are good. if you've got one for decent price, ill buy it. plus ive got to re-seal my back glass anyway :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

where are you located?

I have four complete 3 pane FACTORY sliding rear windows. complete with the frame, 3 panes, and latch...

Hey Bro. Do you still have any MJ rear glass? Solid or slider it don't matter. I found one link in the thread and can have a slider shipped for $170 but I just want glass up before snow comes.

Thanks man

Rick in CO

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

i went to home depot and got a piece of plexi glass cut it to the right measurement and glued my latch on it and you can't tell the difference. its a good temporary fix

Lol would be if I had a slider. I've got a fixed pane in mine.

• 6 years later...