yard beers

mjeff87

Ive drank enough of a few of those, to know that I don't ever want to do it again.... "enough" usually meaning 1. I guess I just don't drink enough all together to want to go cheap like that. I prefer Newcastle Brown, Negra Modello, or any other good dark Ale. Nice though! This is definitely getting frowarded!

Enjoyable post Jeff. :D

Miller HL, The Most Respected and Adored and Admired and Manly

It's not only the best yard beer; it's the best indoors beer, fishing beer, driving beer, workin on the MJ beer, and it's CHEAP!

But unfortunately I've switched to Bud Lime and don't drink MHL anymore.

NOT!!! big_barf.gif

Schmidt's beer isn't bad. Knowing Jeff though, he probably drinks Iron City. Both cheap and very bad. Would be a good yard beer, along with Fallflat and Narragansett. But there are really only two beers, cold and hot. Even the foulest tasting beer like Heinekin is palatable if ice cold. :cheers:

Better beer, Tuborg from Denmark. Worst beer in the world, French green beer. So-So beer. San Miguel and DeLeon. And then there's Coors, Brewed with Rocky Mountain Spring Water, as compared to Olympia, It's the water. If they know it's the water why don't they change it?

Schmidt's beer isn't bad. Knowing Jeff though, he probably drinks Iron City.

I'm strictly a BL guy.....I detest Iron City (sacreilgeous, I know) but I can swill down an IC Light or five if necessary.

My father (RIP) was a Schmidt's guy thru-and-thru. I used to get beers for him out of the fridge, and always delivered them open to him. That's how I started drinking beer :brows: His brother (my uncle) was strictly a PBR guy, and my granddfather only drank Old Milwaulkee.

As far as "s" beers go, they don't pass my lips anymore. Stroh's, Schlitz, Shaffer, Straub, Schmidt's, Stoney's.....not for me.

Jeff

Better beer, Tuborg from Denmark. Worst beer in the world, French green beer. So-So beer. San Miguel and DeLeon. And then there's Coors, Brewed with Rocky Mountain Spring Water, as compared to Olympia, It's the water. If they know it's the water why don't they change it?

I love San Miguel, but not the export crap. Brown bodies and brown bottles as they say in the PI. :D My absolute worst beers I've run into that I could barely stomach are Paroni (Italy), Oriental (Korea), and of course Jeff's favorites, Iron City and Bud Slime. :cheers:

I drink my beer tepid. Where does that fit in there?

Tepid's warm. I'll drink it that way in a pinch. After you choke down the first six, it gets easier. And ALL the beer/ale in Canada is good. :Canadaflag: I don't know why the US can't mass produce really good brews besides a few of the really expensive micro-breweries. :(

I was sitting at a table at the Bar Miami in Pamplona, Spain one sunny day enjoying a San Miguel and playing grab *ss with the bar maid when I noticed something in the bottom of the bottle. Closer inspection revealed the cigar butt I had dropped in a empty bottle in Manilla 2 months earlier. :shake:

image_209027.gif

Being a bartender has made me a beer snob, I can't drink beer out of a can anymore, but how I miss the days of yore, being a kid, hanging out with my buddies on the bluff, drinking a can of Rainier or 6. PBR was a good staple, lots of bud and bud light. Now I stick to the micro brews and the imports.

Even though being born in PA and living most of my life in the Midwest, I have drank everything on that list...I wouldn't any more.- I have a full-time job, I don't need to drink pisswater. Just about any Sam Adams brew is better than everything on that list.

BTW..... Red, White and Blue is still made. You just have to go the cheaper package store.

A guy I work with drinks Natty Ice... that is some NASTY stuff... but what would you expect from A/B for a cheap beer.