2011 Grand Cherokee and it possible Alfa brother!

dasbulliwagen

here's a better pic of the 2011 Grand....looks much better than I thought it did before.... thoug I thought the same of the new Ram pickups too.... they are much better in person. The article on allpar.com also shows a very possible Alfa Romeo version of the Grand also... very intersting!

"An Alfa Romeo-based Grand Cherokee has been all but confirmed; below is an artist’s representation of how hit may appear.

The Alfa might only be sold in export markets, where Fiat and Alfa Romeo are mainstream brands with heavy dealer, service, and parts support; or it might be sold in the US as well, adding an “import brand” stamp to those who positively will not buy an American vehicle. An extended version, dubbed the Dodge Durango (possibly Dodge Magnum), was also planned; this would go beyond the old Jeep Commander idea and provide minivan-like interior space."

Also found a Durango based on the Grand.... not bad looking

The new grand shares the mercedes ML platform, which means its all geared up for the 3L V6 diesel.

Yet I suspect they won't be selling the CRD here in the US.

Also no SRT Grand for 2011 either... maybe in a year or so, but you can still get it with a Hemi.

The new grand shares the mercedes ML platform, which means its all geared up for the 3L V6 diesel.

Yet I suspect they won't be selling the CRD here in the US.

Also no SRT Grand for 2011 either... maybe in a year or so, but you can still get it with a Hemi.

The SRT was an abomination anyway, good riddance.

Out with the SRT, in with the CRD I say.

The new Grand will also have adjustable suspension, that will allow you to get an instant 4.5" of lift on demand. Also, the forward facing side of the headlight reflectors will have a Jeep emblem built into it! And the headlights will self adjust when the vehicle is lifted so as not to blind anybody. Just some info. I havent seen one in person, so I'm kinda reserving judgement.

I played with two in Detroit a few weeks ago. Nice looking vehicle, but 4 wheel independant suspension. The overall suspension travel with the air bags is 4 1/2, but only lifts 3 from normal ride height. I think it will appeal to normal GC buyers. Just not off road guys (and gals).

The last Grand I liked was the WJ. I had to rent a WK (2005?) for a trip for a funeral one time, and I couldn't see out of the damm thing. Bad visibility everywhere, and not a lot of room.

I own a '06 Grand and it's everything I want in a daily driver. For the winter I would like to upgrade the rubber and possibly a 2" lift. My current dealer installed Goodyear Wrangler tires are completely JUNK, I got stuck in my neighbor's driveway trying to pull out my donar Comanche. Luckily my girlfriend and her '06 grand was there to pull me out. (Her truck has Michelin LTX M/S tires) All the while my black Comanche was sitting in the garage looking the part. :roll:

It is much quieter than my Cherokees, but it isn't as versitle off road. The limited slip type of 4wd system is strange and hard to get used to. That said if I had better tires this wouldn't be as bad. The Hemi power is awesome, just wish I had that engine in my '01 Cherokee. That would be great.

14 MPG is average and I wouldn't trade it for anything for a daily driver winter or summer.