AMC Trip Time, Date, and address. APRIL 10th, 2010.

Automan2164

I got a $7 overhead console for the XJ, and I got seemingly perfect shape rim for the XJ as well, to replace the one that some PO apparently air-chiseled a lug nut out of.

I got some video and took some pics, I'll try to get them uploaded later today when I'm a little more awake.

awesome day! i spent more money that i wanted and had. i had alternator and brake troubles with my truck. HUGE thanks to Rob and Pete for driving me around getting the parts i needed.

Following you around listening to your rear axle hop around corners never got old...

awesome day! i spent more money that i wanted and had. i had alternator and brake troubles with my truck. HUGE thanks to Rob and Pete for driving me around getting the parts i needed.

Not to laugh (much) at your tough day,

but you had to stop to get parts, while on your way to get parts. :clapping:

There's a joke in there somewhere. :cheers:

(even with the tough time getting there, I'm still jealous. :yes: )

Actually his alt seized on his way home. :dunce:

Ouch.

Joke retracted. :dunce:

I had that happen to me...

at Midnight...

on a trail...

in the middle of nowhere...

in a freaking unbelievable rain storm...

without a spare alt.

:dunno:

(belt melted off the engine when the alt froze up)

all you can do is :rotfl2: .

FWIW, I finished the trail, using my engine sparingly (no waterpump spinning),

starting it only when necessary (no headlights, or wipers in a rainstorm, 4wheeling @ midnight :nuts: ).

and got tugged back to basecamp once back on pavement.

Hope your case of "GM Revenge" (assuming a GM alternator) went better. :dunno:

My score at the AMC place consisted of $25 in parts:

'84 XJ Tilt Steering Column that looks like it was never used

'86 MJ Tail-light harness

A couple 7 pc. front end headlight bezels

An old AMC Ignition lock Cylinder

4.0L Tailgate badge

I picked up a pair of gray MJ Buckets from Pete for $100 to replace the 4 dr XJ ones I currently have been running for 2 years, now I can put stuff behind my seat!!! :clapping:

And I also got a pair of the old style Comanche fender badges in the mail when I got home from pitbull4x4 for $10 shipped.

Not a bad day.

Following you around listening to your rear axle hop around corners never got old...

hahaha. good ole detroit.

Here is what I bought....

A pair of Waggy fenders the same color as mine...

A box of round headlight buckets and bezels...

Final edition and Muscle grills for FSJ's

A pair of Razor grills for FSJ's

A box with some various wiring pieces for in-dash CB for FSJ's

And the best piece of my haul....

Image Not Found

A factory AM/FM/CB unit complete with the antenna duplexer and AMC microphone.

And for of those that get the joke.....

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Are you happy now????? :fs1:

Pete just left my house. I am going to take a breather here, and have some time to sit on the couch and chill, and then I will upload all the pictures. Great meet and greet, good times, great guys. Pics to come later.

Rob L. :cheers:

Pics to come later.

Rob L. :cheers:

:fs1:

:popcorn:

Going to have to give me some more ( :fs2: ), because the cheap @$$ floor model camera that Angela's mom bought has a Memory Stick PRO Duo, and NOTHING in the house has that slot except for the printer, that won't transfer data back to the computer... :fs2: And it doesn't come with a USB cable either. On top of that, it has some midget junk for a USB connection, and all my real world stuff won't work on this abortion of a camera. :shake: Crappy thing too, because I have all the group shots, the AMC place while we were all hanging out and drinking brews, all the shots of the Worlds Fastest Comanche's complex with his never ending collection of J-trucks, and the Bonneville Comanche.

Rob L. :headpop:

:fs1: :doh: :shake: :nuts: :headpop: :hmm: :dunce: :grrrr: umn.gif :pcwhack: :fool: :needpics:

Told ya to call me at noon... :dunno:

We were still at the AMC place until 2-3PM, and out at WFC's for awhile after that, and then hung out at my place. Plenty of time to make it out.

Rob L.

:fs1: :doh: :shake: :nuts: :headpop: :hmm: :dunce: :grrrr: umn.gif :pcwhack: :fool: :needpics:

Told ya to call me at noon... :dunno:

We were still at the AMC place until 2-3PM, and out at WFC's for awhile after that, and then hung out at my place. Plenty of time to make it out.

Rob L.

i ended up at a buddies daughter's 1st birthday party after work anyway. sundays man, sundays. :wavey: