AMC Trip Time, Date, and address. APRIL 10th, 2010.

Automan2164

Its been brought to my attention by a few members that the AMC thread is a tad confusing, so I figured I would do this so its easier to understand.

The plan is this thus far:

Pete M (big boss man) is coming over to my house Friday the 9th, and spending the night. Anyone else traveling can also stay here if needed. I have two extra bedrooms, and a couple couches. Correy(geonovast) is going to be passing through Friday evening, and might stop by with the family for a bit. Anyone is welcome to stop by, I plan on pizzas or burgers Friday night.

Saturday morning the 10th, anyone who's going should be at my place at 8 AM. We can all shake hands, and kind of go-over whats happening, and plans.

We will all leave my house at 9 AM, and head over to the AMC place. (About 30 mins away.)

Once we get there I don't know what/how everyone is going to react, so I am leaving most everything open after that. Plans were originally to go to a restaurant and a junkyard but, if we end up finding a bunch of cool stuff, I am not going to end anything early. There is a town nearby, and we could order a bunch of pizzas if we all decide to.

So far, the list of people attending is this:

automan2164

89eliminator-MJ

Jeepdocdave

$500MJ

whowey

88MJXLS

Jakeman17

JeepcoMJ

Pete_M

Geonovast

Possum

MCF90?

Worlds Fastest Comanche

dr_ducks

My house, is the place where we will all meet in the morning, and where a few members might be crashing. My addy is:

Rob L.

1326 6th St

Harvard, IL 60033

I don't know of what other kind of information we might need. If anyone thinks of any, let me know.

Rob L. 1.815.403.3669

Does anyone that's going happen to have an extra pair of stock MJ shackles in decent shape? I forgot that the 90 is still in need of shackles. :( Actually, I guess they don't need to be in decent shape. Just straight enough that I can get a stock bolt through them instead of these undersized ones (explorer U-bolts to be precise since they were handy and could be hammered in).

Does anyone that's going happen to have an extra pair of stock MJ shackles in decent shape? I forgot that the 90 is still in need of shackles. :( Actually, I guess they don't need to be in decent shape. Just straight enough that I can get a stock bolt through them instead of these undersized ones (explorer U-bolts to be precise since they were handy and could be hammered in).

I just bought a set from this place Pete. I was hoping to hold on to them, but if you need them, we can talk.

Rob L.

so............ :popcorn:

I was just thinking the same thing :hmm:

and it 9:48pm Eastern time here :eek:

I bet they all got lost among all the boxes and parts :peek: and wouldn't be out of there until Tuesday........ :teehee:

What a day!

You guys missed out, everything that could possibly happen, happened today.

Truck issues - both mine and 89eliminator's - I made it back fine, hopefully he did too

Lots of buying parts

Lots of swapping parts

Great old AMC and Jeep stuff to drool over at the parts place and at World's Fastest Comanche's place

Chow Fest CC style at a local restaurant

Chilling and chatting at automan's

Great Day.

Lots of pics were taken, I'll let those guys post them up as I didn't take any all day worthy of posting.

I spent WAY more money than I probably should have... :fs1:

The guys got to see in person just how ugly the grill on my FSJ is in person. :ack:

I have to stop giving Rob crap about living in "McMansion"-ville now... :(

And... I managed to make my wife mad at me... I had forgotten I was taking her out to eat for supper. :fool:

I spent WAY more money than I probably should have... :fs1:

Those of us that are too far away need to live vicariously through you. jamminz.gif

So please list what you bought (and.... if you're willing, roughly how much $$ it cost).

I reeeeaaaaalllllly want to know what I missed out on. :( :typing: